Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Storm Came Thru on Tuesday

A Storm Came Thru on Tuesday...one of those worry some kind..so not too much got done as I listened to the beep beep beep of the weather radio, the news and my Iphone going off...

Now if that don't put your nerves on the edge..Where do I go.. What do I do..Get out of town gal LOL..but thank the good Lord no one had any major issues but lots of rain in our area..

Morning for me is always a blur and I tried my new coffee pot..well, I'm a perker from way back and I've tried several kind of drip machines and still go back to perking my coffee..

For one I never have bitter coffee and it's always good to the Last Drop..even though I make a 14 cupper and I only drink 3 cups I put the rest in a container and heat it up next morning..and it's still never bitter even to the last cup.

So I got one of those fancy coffee machines you know the kind that makes one cup at a time...well this one is a Mr Coffee..and I was so excited to give this baby a go..well...and I say, "Well"....I don't know what I did..but my coffee was awful to begin with and then I never got a big cup even though I put it on the larger setting..ooops where's me coffee ??????

The taste again was bitter bitter bitter..and I used the coffee I've been using..so I tried one of those little cups ..you know the already prepared..YIKES that was not my favorite thing...so out I pulled my Perking Pot and zap my coffee although took 22 minutes in total..was wonderful..

Long and short I'm a perker and I guess that's what or where it stays...as for the "new" coffee pot..perhaps I'm doing something wrong..well I'll wait and when I want to give it another go..we'll see LOL..

Tonight while watching a movie I cooked a big pot of chicken for the critters so tomorrow after they are chilled I'll shred some up and then vacuum seal the rest for when needed..of course it's Rice Fields day again too..so I'll be a bit busy.

Gonna go visit Dawn and her brother Paul tomorrow for dinner as they will be heading out and on towards Louisiana and then on to Oklahoma... I shall miss them but I know Dawn and I will be chatting regularly like we have so I'll be kept up to date as to what she's doing..

Now I'm ready for bed and sure can't wait...as my body is tired...So those traveling stay SAFE and as always..God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment