Friday, December 9, 2011

A Special Friday

A Special Friday...Joe's Ashes came home !  I was a little taken back as I went over to pick up Joe and bring him home to his resting place.  The feelings I had while driving over kind of had my tummy in knots.. The days I counted, I know crazy...but this Joe was very special and he'll always be !

Morning was like the usual...as in we now have a new thing  ...yes, I'm in training again...but we all get up together (lately) and everyone runs out then back to the couch with the blankie..Abby at one side of my feet and Zeke at the other and Ms Reba  (pulling a Joe) under cover and we open the blinds and watch day light come in and Mr and Mrs Cardinellie hop on in the big feeder and eat their breakfast.. The Mrs kind of nestles in and chows down while the Mr...he keeps a watch..and takes a few bites in between..the quickly they fly away...of course by then I hear the phone ring and it's the hubby letting me know he's up...then I give him the.."Don't forget to call me when you are leaving for work"...this way I catch a nap (yeah when I can) and he wakes me and I get the Critters breakfast...pretty good routine if I don't say so myself.

Well today was the big day for me as I had to make a few stops and make sure I got our (Zeke and Me) meds for the month then pick up a few goodies...(Egg Nog ) on the list then head home..but first and foremost I had to go pick up my Joe..

When I held that ceramic jar in my hands I felt a strange feeling but when I read the card enclosed, tears came to my eyes and I felt my heart ache...There are never enough words to express how something so wonderful comes into your life and with every moment of theirs they try to please you..That was my Joe..he was the Entertainer of my life...He enjoyed it which was even better and if I would say, "Joe, do you want to sing"?  He'd throw his head back and Belt Out...and I do mean Belt Out a Howl that would cause all the others to join in..It was pure Harmony !

Sitting on the couch after I got in I had that beautiful jar in my hands and I just said, "Joe, do you want to sing"  and to my surprise Zeke Belted Out and so did Abby.. I got goose bumps...Reba jumped up and was sniffing the jar... I placed it on the dresser in my bedroom.........He's home !

Along with the card came this book marker and it has a butterfly at the top and the inscription says...

"We may not be together in the way
 We use to be
 We are still connected by a Cord
 No eye can see
 So whenever you need to fine me
 We're never far apart
 If you look beyond the horizon
 And listen with your heart "

Now folks I could barely see after reading this..but you know it hit my heart and then as I looked at this book marker at the top is that butterfly...but what it is, is wild flower seeds...says, cut here and plant this butterfly and wildflowers will blossom in memory of Joe....

Thank you dear Lord for the time I had with my Joe....

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. As I read this blog entry, my heart melted and tears ran down my face. It hurts so badly to lose a furbaby, but it comforts to know that they will be waiting for us when we cross that bridge.

    ReplyDelete