Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Sweet Surprising Saturday

A Sweet Surprising Saturday...Finally someone that I don't even know made my day !  How wonderful as this morning my day started off gloomy.. Even though the sun was out my mood was BLAH ....Yes, indeedy !

I had not heard any news on Friday on what was going to be happening for my MRI...but I had put my trust in a person who remembered me from a few years ago...who actually by the way lived in a town near me. She had given me her word that she would make sure that everything would be ok...Her name is "Diane"...(seems I always get good vibes from Diane's ) any way that Friday went by and like I said, "no word, no call, nothing".

This morning I got up dragging a bit..(my foot was not good either) and I managed to get a few things done and boy was I in that "Down in the dumps" frame of mind..Had a few calls, talked with my niece.  I had called her yesterday as it was her wedding anniversary as I watched Will and Kate take their vows.

I leaned back and decided I would start another list (always good to at least make the attempt) and "HELLO"  the phone rang and it was a young woman from Express Care doing a follow up for my MRI on MONDAY...HOLY BANANA..it's gonna happen..(wait your turn deary) and then she proceeded to tell me that my MRI is with Contrast (using a dye) UH OH !   I then jumped and said, "WAIT"... I have to be pre medicated first, I'm allergic to dyes"...OH Lordy, what's gonna happen.... ?????

She quickly responded and said, "Barb, no problem...we have that covered..The dye we are using for the MRI has no shell fish, or iodine and no one has problems and I have your med chart here and all looks fine"... I felt some relief, but I did ask..." Can I fax you my meds so you can check to make sure"...?   I got an ok...and then she did say,  "But we still haven't gotten the Doc's script... I got the ok from the Insurance Company...but no script "...

Crappola..what's with this Doc's office...I had to ask, "What if"?????? Quick response..."Don't worry, the insurance company will be right on that Doc's butt big time"  my next words were..."What if that Doc won't take care of it "?...response again was..."We will have a podiatrist that will take you ".....

I have to tell ya.... I have used this place a long time ago "Express Care" when I had Shingles and they were terrific...even did a MRI of my Brain as I had the Shingles on the right side of my head..on my face in my ear, on my eye.. I was a complete mess ...They took great care of me and referred me to a Neurologist and sent all the info also to my Doc's in Philly...Yes, I'm gonna return to them...after all this mess gets finished..

Even with this other Doc I have ...(family one) I'm frightened with his office and mess..however, they did tell me to keep that Cardio Doc as that was very important...works for me.. I'm not happy with how the medical profession seems to treat people here in this area...maybe I'm just use to Doc's that are aggressive and make sure you follow what you are suppose to ...or off with your heads..!...That's what I like.. don't flower up anything...let me know what's what and what can we (if any) do about it...

So, that's how my day went along after my phone call..I felt much better. It didn't reach my foot yet...but I'm workin' on it :)

Made up some Mac Salad...back in Pa we put Tuna fish and Eggs, green pepper, celery, carrots, onions, olives, green or black (take your pick) salt, pepper and Mayo..(Hellman's of course) and we kind of eat that with shredded lettuce for a lunch or dinner...and a glass of "Sweet Tea"...it was good !

Tomorrow I've got to get some more work done so I can at least have a jump start..mailed my Great, Great, Nephew his Holy Communion Card and I know he'll be surprised...so very proud that they are keeping with tradition..

I still can't get over those hats.. I mean that wedding was awesome and I loved Kate's Wedding Gown.. It fit her style...but those hats those gals wore...oh my stars...I'm still grin'n from ear to ear...

I'm gonna watch a movie called Burlesque with Cher and Christina Aguilera. I happen to like both..very talented and I'm sure the music will be good too..Thank you NetFlix I need some good cheer !

Hope you all have a wonderful day and God Bless

Catch ya later

No comments:

Post a Comment