Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday ..the worst day of my adventure

Friday ..the worst day of my adventure..it truly became the worst of my whole stay here in Florida...I did something really dumb, stupid, not smart.  I had to go over to the motor home where I have it parked and get the mileage so I could send in for my insurance registration...Well, talk about dumb...it was not only dumb but painful.

I unlocked the door to the rig and of course because it has been parked since Oct..the stairs did not come down...I reached in and got the little rubber maid stool and here's where I did the dumb deal...

I placed it down on the ground and proceeded to step on it and with my other foot I stepped up (very high) onto the entrance step and grabbed the bar and pulled with all my might...while leaning on my BAD FOOT my full weight....

Do I need to continue...I was brought to tears, immediately as the pain shot up straight to my brain.. I could barely catch my breath and almost fell backwards...Hanging on for dear life I managed to get into the rig..

I made it to the couch and sat there awhile before I could move my leg or foot and then jump started the rig via the booster and hit the generator on and turned the air on full... Sat there about an hour...didn't move...but one smart thing I did do was carry my cell phone...(finally) and called my hubby..like he was gonna come rushing over...but I needed to talk with him and Yes, I cried..

Now I'm in worse shape that I was before..some how I can't believe that a pair of shoes is gonna straighten this out...but we'll see...I did manage to get back to the house and had to take care of the critters and clean up a mess...lucky me !

I made it through dinner time letting them in and out and Zeke is good about picking up the dishes for me...I'm using my walker all the way and the pain is not letting up...so here I am with my foot on a cool pad and hoping tomorrow will be better..

How could someone with a brain do something so wacky...I guess I seem to think I can do anything...Yeah, maybe when I was younger ...much younger but now I'm an older lady and need to remember that I'm going to have limitation...Sucks..my brain won't accept it..but my body sure does...

However, I won't give up !  Tomorrow like I said, "Is another day"...

I'm beat and need to attempt to chill out...so Lord give me strength to endure another day and get my shoes come Monday...

God Bless All...and I'm glad the bed is right along side of me...cause falling in is gonna be very easy .

2 comments:

  1. Oh Zee I am so sorry that you are in such pain. I read back a few posts. I sure hope that Doc is right and it is only good shoes and inserts that you need.

    Hope you are able to rest tomorrow. Be safe girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go get the shoes & inserts asap! Please be careful. Seems like I had to have a shot of cortisone too for that bone spur....did your dr. mention that?

    ReplyDelete