Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday night and I've weathered the storms

Friday night and I've weathered the storms and then some !  Yes, it's been awhile since I've posted in fact too long. I've been engulfed in the sea but not tranquility...rather a rough going.

Monday was the beginning...starting with my Grape Mobile dying on the gulf course (no I wasn't playing golf) as I was heading back from a board meeting...I thought in my wild mind, even though it was raining, I'd take the short cut...My cart had been acting up on the way up as I took the long way...so "Smart Me" I decided to take the "Short Cut"  and of course the Heavens opened up and I didn't have a jacket or rain coat....Getting the picture?  No, I did not have the side down either as they were all rolled up and a pain in the butt to put down...Sooooooo along I goes ..just whistling in the breeze..(more like strong wind )  and the rains come and then the sound of thunder along with a few bolts of delicious lightening...(Lucky Me).. I goes zooming along with a few splashes coming up and as I look out and around I'm the only (fool) on the course...Wow is me !!!!

Then she happens..the grape mobile stops...dead stop ..yes, dead stop and my brain goes into high gear of thoughts...Chit !!!!  I sit a few seconds which seems like hours and says to me self..."Fool, you need to get out of here and quick"... Can it be I'm gonna have to push...let me look for my cell phone...OH! I don't have it with me?????? Chit !!!  Nope why would I do something clever ?????

So I get out of the cart and it's pouring and no one around...I get along side the cart putting my head inside at least..HA !  Pushing and steering at the same time...Gosh my legs and foot hurt...Never mind keep pushing... I think a hill I'll give it a good shove and jump on and coast down ....(ya gotta be kidding)...Nope the thing don't even roll... "What Hill"....?????

I get down to the end where the street meets the course and there's a stop sign...a tad bit out of breath and soaked to the skin...I jump in and rest and a pick up truck drives around me...and me Yelling..."Help, Stop, Please" and waving my hands...The old man in the truck waves back and drives around me .... What ??????? 

I get back out and begin to push and breathing hard and I see this man in a rain suit coming towards me....Alas someone is gonna help me.. he says, "Ya having trouble with your golf cart" ?>   my demented humor steps it up a notch...." No, I just enjoy pushing my cart in the rain"...:)....

He gave me a strange look..guess he didn't enjoy my humor..I mean I'm only looking like a drenched water rat...Yucko...So with that I say, "Let me see if I can get this to move again."  I turn the control to forward again and all of a sudden I step on the pedal and it jerks and takes off... The man says as I zoom by him..."You gonna be alright" ?   I yell back as I have the pedal to the floor..."I hope so "  and away I go... in fact I was like Jet Propelled...even did a wheelie around the corner..couldn't stop it and I just leaned to the opposite side..and before I knew it I got to my drive way and it died again...

Yes, there is a God after all...so that was the beginning of things to come..

Tuesday I was so sore I couldn't walk..wonder why ? So I just took it easy and groped in my misery.....then along came the news of the bad storms coming our way.....

Wed and Thursday...let me tell ya... I was glued to the TV ..and I don't think I have any finger nails left...what a storm and with my Critters it was really tough getting them in and out.. I used every dog towel I had and every time I heard that weather radio go off  I was ready to book !!  

The winds were strong and I just was so happy Clancy had those trees topped goodness I'm sure he was too... Every time that weather guy would say.."Tornado touched down"  I was thinking ..."Where do I go, how do I get these critters safe"..."Where's the nearest ditch"...Ouch...could we all fit in the bath tub ????  Yes, I was nervous and then I just leaned back and prayed...that no one would lose their life...that the damages would be just small...as material things can be replaced...but lives are gone...

It certainly makes you soul search...but strange all of a sudden I did get a sense of calm..thinking..."Was this my time".. Feets don't fail me now...can't depend on the grape mobile . The critters were good...where I was they were so that meant I had constant company along with the radio...TV went in and out a few times due to the satellite..clouds covering but it came on quickly.  I did have the computer on to a weather station and watched the radar...sure was an experience.

That's about it, now I'm kind of back to almost me..still sore and finally got an appointment with the "Foot Doc"  I called today and the other Doc office never sent the data over...wait till I have a meeting with that Doc...Doesn't surprise me..cause if you don't follow up ..they don't care...

Well I'm brain tired and I'm in need of playing catch up ..lost a lot of hours with bad weather as I can't sleep...and boy do I have lots of laundry to do...

So thanks Paulette, Lizzie and Vickie...feels good knowing ya'll missed me...ah my Sistahs..you is good people..and Echo...I know you are there also...

God Bless.. and Sweet Dreams...for everyone..

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting, Barbzee. Sorry about your terrible week. Hope your foot dr. can help you. Good thing you have a sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete