Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wicked Wednesday..an d thank goodness it's almost over !

Wicked Wednesday and thank goodness it's almost over !...I took Zeke this morning to the Vet's office... I had to wait in the car and I sat in the back with Zeke telling him I was not going to leave him...He's had so much horror in his young life having had both legs operated on ..and year after the other...He had torn Cruciate Ligiments..in both legs..On the same date a year apart...

He was only a year old on the first one and 2 on the second one and any one that understands that type of surgery it's extensive and painful...he then had rehab both times and the surgeon was one of the top Orthopedic Surgeon in Pa...in fact he was the surgeon that did that famous race horse.

Now we are facing another possible surgery...Zeke had blood work done and then an Xray which he had to be put under anesthesia.. Took for ever to work (that's what it seemed) and then took forever for him to come out of.. I was there about 5 hours..He and I sat on the floor together and I have to tell you I was so wanting to hear it was just stones..but it wasn't.

So now I'm waiting on the results of the blood work to rule out a few more things and then I'm going to have to head to Tampa to have an Ultra Sound..The Vet feels it's a possibilities of Prostrate Cancer...Ofcourse when you hear those words something happens..Like the pit of your stomach gets a knot... I guess hearing the worse prepares you...if that is at all possible.

Finally got home and I'm sure Zeke was happy just to be able to lay on the floor and he took another nap and so did I.. I was exhausted..now the wait game till I hear about the blood work.

Hubby called me to let me know how he made out at the Doc's office too...He only has to use the crutches from the car to the office and from the car to the house .. He can walk around just a little bit each day.. His ankle is healing...Thank goodness for that good news...

Tonight I tried to relax ..but that was next to impossible..Seems every tic of that little dog clock I have sounded louder and louder... I did watch American Idol...nothing wows me so far and in fact I couldn't wait for it to be over..

Here we are, in the back of the house ..Critters are on the bed and I'm just glancing over...Never did I expect all this to happen..I just have to leave it in God's hands and just thank him for the time I have with all my Critters...

I need to lay down and just say my prayers and thank all of you for keeping us all in your hearts...

God Bless All of You..

2 comments:

  1. Barb, you know I am only a phone call away if you need to call and my sholders are really broad if you need to cry. I know the pain you are going through having gone through it with Suggie not that long ago. Praying for both of you. Glad to hear hubby is doing better. Take care of yourself. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting is so hard - I hope you can get answers soon. Knowing is better then wondering.
    Take care of your critters & yourself.
    I'll keep you in my prayers.
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete