Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday is hearing the follow up

Thursday is hearing the follow up of yesterday..  I might add a truly blessed event in the happening...

First thing I got a call from Lizzie and Birdie...wanting to come and have lunch together...Oh how I would have loved it so...but I had to decline as I was waiting on the Vet to call me with results of Zeke's blood work ...and I know that Lizzie and Birdie and I will get together (hopefully) on their return trip back up from there adventures...

As soon as I hung up from Lizzie...the phone rang and it was Dr Porter..he said, "Zeke's blood work looked great"... Yes, I was happy but oh my now what?  Well I knew what was next as we had discussed it...It was to make an appointment for the Ultra Sound at the Florida Specialty and Cancer Center in Tampa..Wow is me...Now for sure it was ruling down to what we thought from the beginning...but still don't want to say..

This Vet is so caring and I could hear it in his voice..He knew I couldn't wait and he got on it right away called me back and said..."How soon can you get to Tampa?"   Now I want you to hear this... I had just taken a lasix as I'm a heart patient and I take mine in the morning...yes, before the first phone call and then his came in... The quick flash to my brain was me attempting to drive to Tampa sitting on a Pot...Yep, you got it... cause there was no way I could move without being near one....OMG !

I asked the good Doc...."Well, what time and what day " ?   ..his response.."Today and 11am"...Holy Hannah...OMG... I started to almost bust out laughing...but he was so serious .. what would he think of me ????? but my quick response was..."Could we make it later" ?.....He then told me he'd call me back.... only about 10 minutes past and the good Doc was on the phone to me... saying..."How's this sound"...HUH????   "2 pm today and at the  Villages, as they are there now"...

The good Lord is shinning down on Zeke and me...Thank You Jesus !    "Doc, you betcha, I'll be there"... and there I was and I was so impressed with how they took care of Me and Zeke.. I even had Diane, my housekeeper come with me...and if some of you haven't read..She is deathly afraid of Zeke...not for any reason other than he's bigger than her !...But she did come and her eyes were big as saucers...she said to me..."This is the closest I've been to Zeke in years"...hahaha... She did good !

The young Vet was wonderful..Her name is Catherine Meeks she's an internist and she was terrific with Zeke and Me..She took her time and let Zeke feel comfortable with her.. The staff showed a lot of care and even made sure Zeke had a blanket to lay on.. Now that was cause again Zeke had to be given a sedation to have the tests done...and down he went but not as quickly as they thought he would..the young assistant came in to give the blanket a good tug...and move him into the other room...but Zeke wasn't ready so he told her so...She jumped back and Diane just about jumped in my lap and I laughed... it was funny although when people show fear it sometimes is a sight to behold...So the assistant said, " I guess I'll give him a few minutes more"... and I laughed and told her... "I'll let you know when he's ready"...

Before long he was off to the ultra sound and then the other tests that had to be done... about an hour later came in the Doc and Zeke walking like they were good buddies... I smiled and she told me everything went well and we will get the results of the biopsy on Monday.. She also gave me a printed data on all the tests they ran and explained what they felt it could be and how they would treat .. She felt very strongly that it could be BPH.. (don't ya just love those initial thingy)...Benign Prostatic Hyperplaysia...and that cure would be to neuter and also meds to clear up infection...

I was really impressed with all that they did and how they would take the time to explain in detail and even have a printed data sheet ..Yes, I would recommend this center to anyone.. I felt confident that they would do the best they could.. We did also talk about Prostrate cancer .. if it turned out to be that... and my choices...

Now I can't say I'm not worrying cause that's not the case..but I am confident if what ever it is I'm at the right place and the Vet...Doc Porter was also great in sending me to them... Again it's the waiting game but this time I'm more in  control of knowing what ever it is Zeke will be in the right hands..

Again I want to thank all of you that have written and called me...It means so much as you all know and been in some of the same situations..these Critters are again like our children...our family ...our friends and give us unconditional love always...

Thank you all...God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment