Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wishful Wednesday

Wishful Wednesday... it has been rather gloomy.. Joe seems to be some what a little bit on the up swing..Of course I realize that this is gonna happen.. and each day with him (praying more good than bad) is a gift.. Strange as it may seem, these fur babies do enlighten our lives.. When I had my tough times they were there by my side..That's what makes this so "Special". We comfort each other .

I have decided to take each day as it comes...it's the best way I can deal with the reality... just  like early this morning I got a phone call from my friend "Mary".. she told me of her "Mom" passing.. just last night... and how she (Mary's Mom) had made her decision to "Let Go".. Mary's Mom was tired of being ill.. she had reached that plateau in life .. where she was going to have to go into assisted living, losing her sight and not being able to get around.. God Bless Her.. She was a very strong woman.. she said to her Doctor, " If they can euthanize dogs, why can't I have that choice.."

She spoke with all her children on the phone while in the hospital.. while she was in for a bladder infection she wound up going into pneumonia  and at that point they had her hooked up to everything.. .Can you imagine she just decided that this was not how it was going to be.. No more being sick not able to get around and she felt it was time.. She demanded they unhook her.. Gawd she had such fortitude !... She did have a living will .. so even though the Doctors argued with her.. SHE WON !...

She said her Goodbyes, even gave directions of how she wanted her Obit to read... and then proceeded to tell her family.." There was to be no wasted money on nonsense.".. I have to say.. "Knowing her like I did.. she was one hell of a tough courageous  woman.. and I admired her tenacity ..  " Mary E.... May You Rest in Eternal Peace... it was sure an honor and privilege  to have known you "!

As I reflect on my happenings I think, "how lucky I truly am".. Yes,  I've known such neat people have seen amazing places .. travel around the world and then some.. and still.. I keep going like the Energizer Bunny ..putting my priorities where they need to be.. and giving Thanks to the Lord.. cause I've sure been granted an extended stay ... I then feel Joe, by my feet as I type.. he's resting his head there.. I look down and he looks up... Yes Joe,  you're still right by my side...

No comments:

Post a Comment