Friday, September 24, 2010

Flip Floppin' Friday....

Flip Floppin' Friday...Oh yeah !   Twas another adventure in my life.. Started the morning off fine..(so I thought) things went as usual... Critters done ..fed and exercised... I was on a mission.. Had to go to the Doc's office and pick up my Medical Records...and then it was on to do some "Grocery Shopping"  which is not my favorite thing to do..

Weather was weird..as it had a lot of humidity along with gonna be another "hot " day for the 1st day of Fall.. So I got out on a good start..got me files and  it was just smooth sailing on to the Store.. Got in and my knee was just a aching..so I hopped on one of those electric scooters to do my shopping..oh and these had horns too.. So people look out here I come..

Proceeding to fill my basket with things I should think twice before engaging..but hey it's the weekend so what the hey ....Everything was just humming along..and came to check out.. Again I ask.." please make sure you pack like how I have things.". but do they listen... NOT...So I slide on through and proceed  to pack myself..and that was great.. I knew my cold stuff was going in the cooler .. out in the car.. Yeah I'm done. now to get out of the store and get my Asp home cause it's muggy .. and I'm needing to "be free"...

I drive on out the store and on the way out I ask the cashier by the door... "Is it alright if I bring this cart out to my car" ?   her reply..."No problem"  (famous last words I heard)..so I buzz on out the sliding doors make a right turn on to the side walk and begin to move down towards my car.. (I was parked on the outer Lane) and I figure well I'll just pull up here and I can slide open my door and put my groceries in..

As I get to the part of the side walk where I can see my car.. I fell this strange movement... and before I can say,  "Oh Chit"... my cart makes a jerk and twists to the left and then "Pop" and I am leaning to the right as the cart and I are heading into the street...I see a lady in a car coming towards me and I hear a loud screech and I'm down on my side on the ground..cart and all and groceries never left the basket.. (guess they were packed to capacity).. Now as I'm falling down  this strange thought comes to my mind.. "Laugh In".. yes, you are reading right.. "Laugh In".. the old geezer on the tricycle in the rain coat and hat as he proceeds to fall over side ways..  It happened and it was ME !  but not wearing the rain gear... Oh you know this is gonna hurt on the way down...

Next thing I know is I'm on my side laying there.. my glasses flew off my face, somewhere...and this lady is standing over me.. Shocked..(not as much as me) and she says,  "Oh my gawd, I thought I was gonna hit you" well.. I thought she was too.. but thank goodness she didn't... However I can't move and I start laughing..

Guess she thought I was a nut job... I felt like an idiot.. of course I don't even know what happened.. couldn't think at that moment... then she runs into the store.. telling people that are now gathering around me.. "Don't touch her".. and then I hear a man's voice... "I'm calling 911"... I kind of snapped to... "Oh, don't ... wait... please.. I  think I'm alright .. give me a few minutes till I try to move... "....

Then comes the Mgr.. nice young lad.. eyes bulging out of his head.. had that frightened look.. speaking very softly..asking me if I was OK.. and let him call ambulance to have me checked out..  I told him. the same as the others.." let me just stay a minute to get my bearings.. then I'll try to move.. but right now I'm just a little stunned and tryin' to figure out what happened..."

After a few minutes they helped me up.. and as I looked at the cart .. I tried to see what in the world happened... The Mgr went to the cart and looked at it and then said,  "the wheel broke".. another  person said, "that's probably why the cart tipped over"... I then looked at the side walk and someone said.."there's the skid marks".. Holy Hannah .. skid marks ?????   Yeah.. now I'm remembering.. the strange move the cart made before I made the plunge...

Apparently as I was riding on the side walk this one wheel which is plastic and it kind of sticks out the side of the front of the cart hit the cracks in the side walk.. twisted and then busted.. causing the cart in motion to side wind and twist and over it went.. Of course no brakes.. so.. you got it.. Even though the speed is probably about 5 mph.. Away we went..

The Mgr still wanted me to be checked out and I told him.. "If I'm not well when I get home I promise I'll go and get checked out.. but I think I'm only gonna have a huge black and blue and ache... He smiled as I know how he felt.. " Gawd here comes a law suit"... but I'm not a suing person.. and I feel if you are hurt that's one thing.. Pay my medical bills...and if I'm  not able to earn a living..then pay my bills till I can.. but sue for the sport of it.. Not my style..

I told him I would call him tomorrow.. as he wanted me to fill out an accident report.. which I should of but the way I was feeling.. I can do that tomorrow.. No big deal.. but I will tell ya.. I thought about this too.. My brain sometimes goes into over drive... "Chit, if I go to the hospital... my luck they'll keep me over night and that means I don't have groceries and I'd have to go again.. cause the ones that were in the cart would never make it home.. "   See I told ya.. I have these strange thoughts...

So this evening.. as I was telling hubby my story.. and we watch our  NetFlix..  he then says to me.. "  I told you, you can't drive... You went out and wrecked an electric cart "  and we both laughed.. but wait till I go to bed.. and the next day.. don't even want to think about it...

Did I tell you I have these strange adventures... What's next ?


Where's the Ben gay ?

1 comment:

  1. OMG Zeee! That sounds like a horribly funny accident, lol. Glad you didn't get hit! I know you're probably sore today.

    ReplyDelete