Sunday, September 26, 2010

And it's Sunday... all is ...Well ??????

And it's Sunday...all is...Well ???? .. That's so far.. I mean I did have another "surprise".. Did you think I wouldn't... Surprises are always another Adventure for me.. so ya wanna read this one. (I'd say "hear"..but no voice hookup)  LOL.. 

Well this morning (every Sunday) I do my pill set up for the week.. (following me so far ?) and like usual (well sort of ) I do my "Fosamax.. yeah been on that baby for years..and  it has kept me "in safe mode" .. OK.. so that's at 5:30am with a big drink of WATER..:).. Then I go into my trustee new packages of  scripts (that I just had filled) and I start placing them in their Sun - Sat containers.. and I get to  my Lopressor (blood pressure med) and I open the bottle and low and behold..it's a " pink pill" .. hmmm what happened to my "blue pill" ???  so I look at the bottle to make sure and it says, " Lopressor..100mg   2xs daily.. mmm.. did they change the color now.. let me look .. now I've only been taking this pill for 18 years and it's always been a "blue pill".. hmmmm gots to check again on the web site...

I go to a web site that identifies pills.. for my safety.. and because I've had so many strange things happen ..(Ha) I only do "brand" drugs unless I can only get generic...and I have no choice.. ok, ok.. I'll continue.. I bop up on the site and look and low and behold.. it's not the right dosage.. hmmm what is this.. so I take another look on the bottle.. and on the back of this particular bottle it says.. (in plain print)  this is a "blue pill"... ok.. now I need to call Pharmacy.. 

I'm using CVS,  as my local pharmacy (whom I've used for over 40 years when I'm in Pa )would have to Fed X my meds and that's an expense and a pain in the butt.. as I did that for years..but since CVS works across the states I started using them as I travel.. and the CVS in Florida is a hop skip and a jump from where I stay.

I look at the clock and it's only 6am so I call the CVS and it doesn't open (pharmacy) till 9am.. ok.. now I need to wait.. so wait I do.. have no choice.. and finally it's time.. I call the pharmacy and  I kept my cool as it's not the person's fault on the phone (or maybe)  and I explained how I got the wrong script with the right info .. and because I've taken this med for a long time I knew something was not right .. and before I popped it in my mouth I checked it out.. 

Talk about "WHAT"  she went into immediate.. (protect the situation) and had me describe the "pill".. ok, so maybe ya think I'm not right...whatever.. but I did.. I explained also that this could have been an extremely dangerous situation had I not followed through.. and I sure hope anyone having this same script doesn't have this problem..She then said,  "Please bring it in and she would give me the correct dosage "

So hubby went up to exchange meds.. and the pharmacist told my hubby that she would immediately check records to make sure no one got the wrong script.. I did suggest she see who filled this.. as in case you didn't know.. it's not always the pharmacist that fills them.. they have "helpers" as the pharmacist sometimes is just "too busy"..  

See, another eventful day .. and it's not over yet.. so like I say.."What's next"  it's just a matter of pure common sense for me..I have to admit that some days it's really interesting.. I still think I might write a book...cause I just know that I sure could make a few laughs for a lot of people.. heck I might even be able to have a tv sitcom.. now that would be a hoot..

And as far as my discoloration goes.. it's lookin' pretty darn good.. I mean amazing how the skin changes colors.. HA.. 

Knocking wood just in case :)



No comments:

Post a Comment