Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday, It's almost over !

Saturday, It's almost over !  It was just a mere 104 today...Yes, you are reading that right...It was stifling..couldn't even attempt to run out.. We all were sucked into the AC...Gawd, that could make a great story...My mind can run with it...:)

This morning was a treat ...of course it was like 7:30am and the action in the home front was in High Gear .  You see my colony of little gremlins..(squirrels) are out and about and excited cause their food is out and they are hungry from the night before..(they are always hungry)..The Cardinals have been here since daybreak..and they are flying back and fourth.. I mean zoom, zoom.. it's just a red flash..(remember dare devils)..

I am so enjoying this time..as I set back and have my coffee in hand and just watch it all unfold.. I mean after I go out and fill the water in the bird bath...fresh cold water...fill the feeders and scatter all the goodies on the ground.. and do my usual whistle.. (yes, I have a few that whistle back at me) and let the show of shows begin..

This morning was almost like usual..cepting Hecliff and Gertie came a tad bit early..and low and behold the "gremlins" were not happy campers..They decided they were gonna take on the Big Bird Bandits...The attack was on... I watch Hecliff and Gertie jump high and flap their wings..then go back at those "gremlins" in fact a few ran into the hedges...but have no fear.. Gertie was ready and so was Hecliff.. they were on the "Charge of the Light Brigade".. you got it.. they dove into those hedges..and it was a sight to behold.. I mean to tell you those "gremlins" darted, ducked and dove out.. and those BIG BIRDS they were just a peckin' into those hedges...

I was at the edge of my chair... a big smile on my face and then a loud burst of laughter followed.. It was awesome.. I could have put it to music... In fact William Tell Overture ..would have been the best for this scene..and don't cha know... the camera again was low batteries... What's with these cameras.. I keep charging the recharge ables but they don't last long..

I could not believe my eyes this morning... I'm anxious to see tomorrows episode... Just amazing..Oh and also my humming birds were in full form... I have a Napoleon again.. Yepper. the little stinker is guarding his goodies..and any one of them that dare.. He charges... even as small as he is.. He looks like a Stick !!!  One that has a spear at the end... HA !

Sometimes the simple things of life are the most entertaining...if only I could have filmed this..however, it's in my memory banks..and will make another great story to tell...

Now it's bed time and tomorrow I'm going out with my friends (Carol and Larry) to celebrate Larry's birthday.. We're doing breakfast...cause ya know by noon ..It will be sweltering.... I'm definitely one of the mole people.. In doors is seeming more and more like the best place to be... or either under water with a long pipe to breath...:)

Good night, Sleep tight, Don't let the bed bugs bite !

God Bless
.

No comments:

Post a Comment