Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thirsty, Thursday !

Thirsty, Thursday !  See how catching it sounds and is ...in fact I'm sitting here just drying off...Had one of those.."Here comes the thunder"..ooooooh yeah and now the  Uh oh !  Down pour.. The sky done opened up and dang it, it emptied ... Lost power for a bit too... but I can't blame that on why I hadn't posted earlier.

Although I could really make up a Whopper of a story...:) ..OK, I'll just give it to ya straight on ...(how's that ? )... I was just plum lazy !  My shoulder is much, much better... but I was just plain dumb gum lazy...wanted to Wallow in a "pity party"....my own of course...bored out of my skin...sitting in my chair lookin out at the critters. Watching them fly in and fly out...and here I sit...can't fly...well, maybe I could if I really wanted too .

Nah, takes too much energy. plus I don't have the wing power as of yet!..It's coming though...I just know it ! Now on to what I was doing all day....or maybe I'll make something up..cause really, I kid you not...it was boring !

No projects to work on and it's stinkin' hot outside.. You can't even get in the grape mobile and ride around and take pictures of the Gators and strange birds with long, long beaks..I mean like needles.. Or watch the Snake type birds swallow up a whole fish..

One day my hubby and I saw that...we were riding in the grape mobile to an area in here that's like a forgotten land..could make a neat movie too...any way as we were riding along there is this man made kind of pond that has the strangest critters in it.. Along comes this weird type bird, with a neck like a stick..and it makes a dive in the water then comes up with a whole fish in it's mouth and proceeds to put it's head straight back and turn this fish around in it's mouth and then gulp and gulp and gulp and down the fish goes...and the fish is still flapping...GAWD, it was wild !

Now that's a story that I couldn't make up even if I tried...I even think somewhere I might have a picture in my collection of this type bird...I'll start diggin... How freaky it was, how weird I felt...and I never saw it happen again..( don't know if I really want too either )..it was a really neat experience with my hubby and I.. Both he and I didn't say a word, and that's saying somethin'

I also decided not to go to hobby craft..(meeting with all the talented ladies ) as I had finished my project...and I just wanted me time and my shoulder to get it's last...Poor thang (southern term ) It was a nice quiet day cepting  for the rain attack ...(that made ya sit up)

My darling critters were busy this morning and I have another surprise.Yes, how could I have a day with out somethin' happening... My little colony of squirrels has a  thief in it's group..HA!  Yes, a thief !  This particular squirrel (which I shall now call Lefty ) steels the syrup from the humming bird feeder...Did I not mention I also have humming birds ? ( I told you I have a huge collection of critters)...

Lefty has been hitting the till, daily...and here I thought my stars I still have a huge amount of humming birds left . I'm been making their syrup up twice a week and it's almost empty each time...Well, I only have about 12 still left...(I adore those feisty little suckers) but Lefty is sure enjoying that rich sweet syrup..No wonder he's leaving here with a grin ...

I attempted to film him in action today..caught the little sucker leaning across the Shepperd pole, body dangling in mid air. His little arms stretched out and his tiny paws (hands) holding onto the rim of the feeder and leaning it as the syrup comes out of the little holes...(smart asp )...

The syrup was running down his little chin  ( how cute) and gulping away in ecstasy ! I'm sure the others while watching were wondering what was in that drink ....I know he had to have a huge sugar rush !!!

On to feeding the critters.. I hear Zeke belting out his tune...and Abby, she's yodeling...Reba and Joe, well they are right beside me...just beggin'  Yeah, I'm ready to give in...need to do somethin', I mean after all
it sure has been a hard day....


Later  ....God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment