Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday... a basking in the sun if you like HEAT !

Sunday...a basking in the sun if you like HEAT !  Yes, and it was a hot day here in Sunny Florida...In fact I got my chores done..(you know the feeding of the herd ) and dashed, (not dotted) out to my favorite Winne Dixie.. I was there before the people knew what hit them... I've learned in my years of "shopping" (which I think is the worse thing in the world) to get in and get out.. Come prepared with list and cooler..Oh yes, I bring along a cooler as with this heat here in this terrain..Ya gotta have a cold box in the car or your goodies melt !  No other way to put it..

Get home quick too, cause the AC in the car ain't worth a crap!  I mean it blows some cool air but the heat index is so dang hot and the humidity just makes ya weak...Let me go to the North Pole..aah a cool breeze..(not a strong whirling one either) a little splash of some cool water..(Not a down pour that dries up faster than it hit the ground)... Yes, can you tell I'm loving Florida in the ..wait today was the last day of "Spring" ?  Ya got to be kiddin'

Well, I made it back to the house all in one piece and unloaded the van and I saw Hecliff and Gertie...settled in for a resting..Yeah, they hang out now..amazing.. they eat, make a few sounds and then just squat down and rest...Like they've lived here all their life...Just amazes me... but still even with all their beauty.. I went into the house and stayed there..

Puttered around a bit and then decided I needed to lean back and watch something interesting...Well, that was a short topic and nope didn't interest me..So I took a nap....yeah tough being retired.. I mean these naps sure do come in handy ..Especially when the hardest work I've done all week...(let me see) was to think about what I have to do...OH MY GAWD...I've gone to the "Enjoying the "Dole" ...Yes Toddy, are you grin'n from ear to ear yet ? 

This can become a habit...but now I've got to get some kind of action going here.. I mean vegging out is OK, for temporary...but not permanently...I can't handle just doing nothing.  I have to find another project to get the gray matter active.

Besides, I don't want this blog ( my bio) to be boring..cause I'm really not a boring person...or maybe I am and never knew it...Oh, get out of town... I never stood still long enough for grass to even grown under my feet...

Heading back to the couch...maybe sucking up a "Green Tea"...HA !

Catch ya in the morning !

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Barb, yes your "Dole" comment did bring a smile to my face and I'm enjoying following your daily observations! I love the "Dole!" We'll have a good laugh about it when you get home...

    ReplyDelete