Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday, all day too !

Monday, all day too !  It's gonna be another warm day here in the sunshine state. The humidity is high and it takes your breath away. No wonder why they call this "the retirement state"  Yep sure is, cause you either get all wrinkled and dried up from the sun or the heat sucks the life out of ya ! Yes, I could do with a little rain, but no strong winds or bolt of lightening, please !


The critters were happy this morning as my handyman, "Bob" came over and fixed the bird feeder. Lordy, I'd be lost with out him and his wife, "Diane" they take care of my home when I head back up north.  This couple came to me when I first bought my home here..almost 3 years ago in August. I've never regretted hiring them. Amazing that people like this still exist. Never have I ever had any doubts about their capabilities and if I have to go outside (which I did recently having a roof put on ) they are right there to make sure the job is well done and done right ! 

They are a blessing too me. Trustworthy, loyal and take care of my home like it was there own. Spic and span clean...and they go that extra mile. Both of them are talented in the crafts of restoring homes and couldn't ask for a better carpenter and interior decorator. They are a package of information...and it sure does come in handy.

However, Diane has decided she wants back home...ugh!  She doesn't like Florida, no way !  Bob, on the other hand, loves it !  Now you know I've said these words before, "Domestic Tranquility"...well in his case he has no choice ( Strong Woman !) but there is a ray of sunshine..(maybe)  They will be heading back north for the summer months. July, August and Sept...and that might solve the situation.  I can only hope it will work out OK because, "they are always there when I need them and I feel secure that if anything goes wrong in the house (while hubby isn't here with me) that I can call them.

Now for my shoulder, yucko. It still isn't right, but not as bad as yesterday . So that means in a week I should be (notice I said, "should be") back to what ever the norm is for me. Gawd I dislike old age. My brain says, "you can do anything"  my body says, "how do you like getting lied too"?  A constant battle, but I don't give in !

Already Hecliff and Gertie were here and got their breakfast...I'm sure as they make their rounds through the golf course, they'll be back. Birds have been busy too....oh and Ozzie flew in for his few pecks !  Heckle and Jeckle brought some friends...guess I might have to start watching out or I'll feel like Alfred Hitchcock's, "Birds" ....wait I could make my own movie :)

Oh, and I finished the blinkin' blanket, yes!  I finished all the ends . Only problem I can't fold anything or head out to the post office as my shoulder (pain in the butt) is just a little tender and I just can't seem to pick up much. One bright thing, "no housework" ...see there is some light in my tunnel...

Gonna do a little email and lean back and maybe feel a little sorry for myself. HA! Maybe watch a movie, now that would be nice ...have some Green Tea and ooooooh yeah, a brownie ...this is sounding better .

Later

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Blogging...I thought you said you were taking up jogging...The Hub

    ReplyDelete