Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Not so Tootin' Tuesday

Not so tootin' Tuesday, that's for sure... Got done with my chores..(which I enjoy) and even made a fresh pot of perked coffee...I mean this baby was good to the last drop too !   Got in the car, thank goodness for remote start...I mean to tell ya, at 9 am it was cookin hot..

The air was on "high test" and for the few minutes it runs...makes it bearable to get in the car...Ya can breath !  The day isn't starting to bad (I think) I drive on down to pick up my friend "J"..(the gal that always has something in the making) and she's dressed in "Black"...Yes, black !   I have to ask, "Aren't you hot " ?  Her reply to me is..."I wear black cause it doesn't get dirty ".. "WHAT" ?.... I'll let that go..cause it always just blows me away her answers...However, it does get HOT....

So, I decide to make a dry run to where this new "Cardio Vascular " doctor is that I'm to see on Thursday..(oh, didn't tell ya I'm a cardiac patient)  just a fancy term .... my plumbing sucks ...heart is handling it as well as it can...and the rest is just life itself ....what you're dealt with or..what you're genes decide to uncover..(hey, I could most definitely play on words here ).

OK, now to get on with my adventure.... While driving down the highway to parts unknown "J" in muttering a few words of her wisdom....(now, on this part I go into sleep mode) and talking about how she likes the Wally World in this particular area... that's OK...once we find out where this Doc is....

I drive which seems like forever..(with J it can be forever) and I can't seem to find "Santa Barbara Blvd".. I had put it into my GPS...but for some reason, it never heard of that Blvd... Joy to the world...I'm humming :)

I decide best thing to do is call the office and get better directions..any smart person would do that, right ?  Well I'm in the car and I don't have the cell phone and I make J keep hers off.. so I hit my blue button.. (OnStar) and say the prompt.."DIAL" and of course it goes into dial mode and you recite the number..(gawd I wish it was just that simple)  only thing I have to do is repeat it several times.. Now I have the attitude...

"What is wrong now" ?   Finally the blessed thing starts ringing..( don't out guess this one, it doesn't get better) and then alas, the ringing stops and the automated process begins...(what did I tell ya)  press 1 for you know what...oh my does that tick me off... Ok we get past that .. then it's 1 for the nurse 2 for the show and 3 to go... That's all well and good..but On Star doesn't have numbers for me to push..remember it's voice activated only..duh !!!!    so I hold out for the ..(last but not least )  "stay on the line and someone will assist you "... when you get tired enough you give up...Yes, I did... I then look at J...and ya know she's itching to flip out that cell, I mean it's been aching in her purse...even brought her plug in to my lighter to charge too..

She came to my rescue...and we did a full turn about and headed in the right direction..after pulling into several shopping centers..(which there are many)  ... My brain keeps saying.. "This is a Head Doc of the Cardio Unit, he must be close by the Hospital .."  which we passed several times.. ..Yep,sure is..and I pull in and find the center...Lordy, now why can't they simply say.." Go over where the hospital is, his office is right along side..."  guess that might take a little more mental capacity...

It's bad enough they have this rule...when you come bring all your meds in the original bottle...Now that does me in.. I mean if I was back home in Philly, I wouldn't dare walk down the street with scripts... Hell no.. I mean city of Brotherly take your life away ....ooh no !

Now, I'm a happy camper, found where I have to go on Thursday.... go to our next stop.."Shopping"..(not really my favorite thing to do) and I go my way, J goes hers... when we finally meet up she's got this look of  depression.. I mean deep depression... I have to ask..( it wouldn't be right if I didn't ).. "What's up" 

Here's where the world of J comes in.. I mean it's always someone else's fault..(remember) and "Why me".. Seems my dear friend didn't bother sending in her data for the D.O.T...  She never answers her mail, much less opens it.. (you'll love this one)  Her reason is ..She may get bad news !!!  ( I'm holding it together)

Well, they suspended her license...which means her truck can't go on the road for business... I have to ask,  "how long have you not sent your paper work in" ?   her reply.. " 4 quarters"...   Why did I bother to ask.. I mean, again...why does she feel she's being picked on... are rules only for others to be followed ?

I have to think sometimes, it's me .. I am never sure.  I've had to follow rules and regulations all my life.. Even had to deal with foreign government and their nonsense..Held my stuff at dock where I had to pay duty charges...Flash backs coming..Lord, I wonder why I had so much aggravation... and J feels they are picking on her... Gawd it was a long long day...

Sadness does set in...as I have to feel bad for her in some ways.. She is beyond help..so you just have to go with the flow...my only offer of comfort was..."out of a negative, comes a positive"...

Was glad to get back home..oh but I did stop and have a Hardee's burger..that was delish and was glad to put my feet up and be happy to have my critters around...Back to some kind of sanity ....if there is some.

Another positive from this day... I found the yarn (and told a few) to start making my sister's afghan...Now I've got another project to do...I'm happy :)

Catch ya later

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment