Friday, June 25, 2010

That Flippin' Fried Friday

That Flippin' Fried Friday.... I did absolutely nuttin'..well, not quite.. I did my usual chores..(I couldn't get away from that no matter what) and I did manage to cook up some critter food.. Yes, I'm one of those that cook for their fur babies...(more like big mooses) and I dragged in another 40lb (use to come in 50 lb) bag of food.. Did my setups for the month...Took a break and then decided I needed to chill out..(more like move to Alaska)

It's another scorcher...holy Hannah ya can't breath ...I mean if ya don't get your "stuff" done early...You is done !  This is just the beginning of summer ????  No wonder why when I look out I see not much of anything..I mean we do have some fools that are playing golf...They have to be the group of sun worshipers..or perhaps they just don't know any better????? Dunno...but one thing, I'm a sittin' my butt in the AC...:)

My usual visitors came and went this morning and this afternoon...Haven't seen Ozzie and Harriet (Red Bellied Woodpeckers) lately..maybe they flew north  HA!...as for my cardinals..it's over population right now...they done hatched a mess of red babies..and boy they are in flight big time..Some of them just zoom right by...the "Dare Devils".. in fact that's their names now.."Here comes the Dare Devils"...they flash right before your eyes.. My humming birds are still with me... I've made a fresh batch of syrup for them..every 4 days they get a fresh batch...don't want my hummers to get sick..they need all that energy to fly.. It's awesome to watch the stop in mid air..wings flapping so quickly..then they go backwards..Some even come so close to me.. I hear the buzzing sound...then one of the males will even show his throat to me.. It's red..in fact they are called Ruby Throated Hummers..(See I'm learning birds )...Feisty little suckers..!

Hecliff and Gertrude were here for a good part of the day..Guess their feet were hurting..cause they settled in right by the side of my house ..the sun hadn't hit that part yet..and they enjoyed their fiddles and rest..Then along came the Mowers...(Our team of over achievers..racing to see who can get the area done first)..

The noise was so loud..a big BUZZ...and they appear (4 of them) riding on the mower..zooming by and going in circles...Lord help the law, they rip it up..and dust flies... If you're outside ya better have a mask on or you'll have grass growing out your nose !!!

The rest of the day I did the usual...(started another blanket) I couldn't resist..I had already started this gem at the Hospital with my neighbor... Another Blinkin' blanket.. !

It's time to crash... I mean the fall out is about to over take me.. From the last two days and the nothing day today...it's a fried mind and a bent body...Gawd, I'm over the hill..maybe tomorrow I'll do a little roll ????

Catch ya later

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment