Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday....ran together

Wednesday and Thursday ran together for me... It was not a good day for anybody... Started off with taking my neighbor to the hospital...and that's an all day affair..cepting in this affair it went SOUTH...It brought back a lot of horrible memories for me...Hence, I was very down in the dumps !

My poor neighbor,  it took a lot of fortitude for me to hold it together.. I felt her pain and anguish..No doubt about it .... I hope to never relive those moments.. I sat in the (I call it holding room)  room with her till it was time for her to go into the catherization room.. She had such high hopes that her problem would be fixed and over with.. When does anything we ever plan for go smoothly..

For her, it went SOUTH...first off we waited from having to be there by 9am till almost 2pm till they took her to the "cath" room.. and those minutes clicked on... No one even bothered to come and say..."hey, we didn't forget you, we've been having major problems"...ah but I should have known, why would this time be anything different ?   Even to the part where the power went off in the hospital... My mind went into overdrive..thinking, "I wonder if those Docs are wearing "Miner's hats "  you know the kind that have the little light on the cap.. that will come on instantly when it gets dark ...oh man, I'm glad it's not me on that table !

Well, it was only a short while when she was taken in and the Doc came out to see me... See I was her only  source of information... He had this gloomy look on his face, also a look of a long day..You know that look and feeling...A handsome man too..the Tall, Dark and Handsome...WOW!!  Smokin good lookin'...and now he's gonna talk with me.. (gulp)...

He speaks with a Latin flair, (Senior)...and says, "I'm sorry I wasn't able to help her, she has blockage in both legs from the pelvic area to the knee."   "She will have to have by pass"... My heart sank as this poor neighbor has been through the mill..Only 2 years prior she had  "Open Heart By Pass"... Then the handsome lookin Doc says, "I was unable to tell her, as she was still some what under the sedation"..

Yes, I had to tell her, and I felt every word come out... it was like I said, "a bad case of remembering for me" and I know it was a hard way to go for her !...So I went into my humor routine to try and make light of this crappy situation.. Even went as far as telling her.. "Hey, just think you'll get to see these neat lookin young stuff"..by the way my neighbor is 80 yrs young and she herself is a nice lookin woman and ya never believe her age... A unique sense of dry humor too..

Now out of every negative there is always a positive.. My day was long but I ended it with a happy mode...might even say a "Happy Meal"... I took my neighbor (after she was finally released around 8pm ) to Hardee's.. Yes !  We did have a Hardee burger and enjoyed ever bite.. Hot too.. and boy it was good going down... even (get this) a Doctor Pepper..how apropos !!!!

Took her home and had one of my neighbors stay with her all night, as I couldn't.. I was so wiped out my dawgs were barking and my dogs were biting... They were ticked to say the least.. and I couldn't get them to settle down till almost 1am.. Yes !  My asp was draggin'  

Now on for today... Just think I wasn't happy enough with yesterday...I had to have a whopper for myself today... I went to the "new Doc"  for me.. He's the head of the Cardio Vascular where I am... and I thought well, I've gonna be OK...(I did say, "I thought")...

Wasn't meant to be...not for me either.. This Doc tells me how dangerous my condition is...Ok, Ok. I deal with it day in and day out...nothing knew...but to hear it from this Doc..well, didn't sit well..  He's also arrogant, (most surgeons are) and sort of cocky...(what's new about that) in other words he knows his stuff... (I hope).. We have the session of the meeting of the minds..and from there he reads all my data ...has a strange expression come over his face and then turns to me and says, " I don't think you can even have bypass"... ..(oh brother you just made my day)..  "Your LAD is loaded with stents, there is no where to even by pass too".....

I felt my chin hit the floor...and this empty feeling in the pit of my stomach...Lord help me, I hope this man is wrong....I couldn't move..then I heard my voice..."Doc, I don't believe that, my Doctors at home reassured me that I have enough room.. in fact the comment they used was.."There is no more room in the inn, however your next move  is Bypass "..."So I think perhaps you and my doctors should have a consultation "!

I can't wait to get home now...but I left his office feeling just as bad as I did yesterday...but again out of every negative comes a positive...and that one was I met up with my housekeepers and we had dinner together...kind of.. I could barely eat..and I didn't want to make them feel down...So I took a few bites but took the rest home... blamed the heat of the day...and just was happy to be with them ..

Now here I sit... flashing back and wondering.. "What's Next".. the story of my life !  I'm just to tired to even think....

To be continued...

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Oh Zeee, I'm so sorry to hear about all the bad news down there! Wish there was something I could do to help out!

    Hey, we are planted in Indiana for a week. I'll catch ya up later lady. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete