Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wed- nes- day ! What's in a name ?



Wed nes day !  What's in a name like that ?  I mean where did they get it from ?  Ya ever think about these so called names of the day????  Well, my theory is, " today's name came from all those match maker days ". Yep, sounds right too. Like someone decided cause they did so many ceremonies, joining folks together in heavenly bliss !!!  That we'll just call this day Wed nes day... see it kind of unfolds...yeah works for me so far but I'm sure my brain wave will continue to come up with more "could be" or  "that's why it is"...

Now as for my morning, it goes on about the same.. The up in the morning and do your duties...make that pot of coffee and don't speak until you see the bottom of the cup !  Does wonders really...oh and yes, I'm feeling much better too.  My clipped wing is now about 85% to the good  (I told ya) and that is wonderful.

My blinkin blanket was completed and shipped with it's other partner and on it's way to the North ! I'm sure when they open these up they'll smile. If they only knew the history ...that shall remain a secret (unless they peek in here ) oh my stars :)

I even took pictures, well I do that of all the things I make..kind of like a scrap book of  accomplishments . Like my rewards of my good deeds. Mmmmm wonder if that will get me a good parking space in heaven ? Nah, I don't think so...sounds good though .

I'm taking a week off, due to my sore shoulder, although I'm planning on making my sister Alice, a lap blanket. She's in a nursing home (sad situation) and I thought of making it in pastel colors. So she could enjoy looking at the pretty colors.  I know she would enjoy it.

The story on my sister Alice is a sad one..One that I don't choose at this time to even talk about...but I will at some other time.. It might someday help someone else, as for now I'll just put it to rest. Keeping happy times in my memory.

This afternoon I'm going to a seminar regarding Hurricanes and Tornadoes...You ask, "how come" ... I guess being here in Florida, at this particular time, they want all residents to be aware..(ya got to be kidding, where's my exit ) of what to do in case of ..... Now I have to tell ya, "There is no grass under my feet"  first warning of Hurricane coming, this gal loads up the Motor home and critters and hooks up the car and is on the road heading North West...cause ya know the dang storm will head up the coast...and just meet up with ya... Now as for Tornado....Lordy, feets don't fail me now !  That's one of the scary situations.. I've been waiting on the area I am in to get with the program.. I mean I've been waiting on approval to put in a tornado shelter.. The kind I'm going for is down in the concrete .. Kind of like a cut in half oil burner (looking thing) with a lid that slides over and locks down.. there are vents so that you can get air...and even a beaker that will make a high pitch sound so you can be found.. Just in case something falls on top of it...

It has steps to walk down and even side benches to sit on... cozy like ..but I wouldn't care..hey just using it to save your asp is what is important... and that's what it's all about... No cellars in a double wide...and to think someone told me..."just go into your inside closet"  .. I had all I could do to stop from laughing...I mean get serious... this unit is not attached to anything.. it's a "TRAILER"  ....What inside closet..???? 

Well, I need to be kind to people who think that way... I mean, if they feel they are safe, who am I to tell them different...STOP....I must if I wanna get my wings...

Gawd, I'm in rare form this morning... can't wait till this evening....:)

OK, now I'll post some pictures and then it's to the mattresses..Yes, I need to flip mine...

Catch ya later

God Bless


The "Blinkin Blanket"

This is the "lavender and white puff stitch blanket"

This is called "togetherness"
They left and I'm a happy camper !

1 comment:

  1. Zee....why don't you start making tornado blankets...it's for those people that live in double wides...to wrap themselves in when they hide in the closet during the tornado? Seems to me you have a market down there...
    The Hub

    ReplyDelete