Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday ! It's not even day light yet

Here it is, Saturday ! It's not even day light yet and I'm up. Good grief woman, go back to bed , "no can do". I'm having company tonight and I'm pleased as punch. Carol and Larry are coming to play cards and a few good laughs as well. 

Neat couple actually, sort of on the order of my hubby (the main man) and me. She's a New Yorker and he's an Okie. The similarities are, I'm a New Yorker (betcha couldn't tell ) and my hubby is from Ms.  Yes, a combination that is rather unique. You ask , "how"? well it's simple. Like I tell everyone, "the reason our marriage has lasted so long (and it's a long long time too ) is because for the first 30 years neither one of us knew what the other one was talking about. So we agreed on just about everything..Or as my hubby says, "domestic tranquility" . Hey it works for me !!

Anyway, Carol and Larry are about to encounter an interesting evening. Me too !  We're gonna play a "new" card game. This should be a lot of fun, and I can hear Carol and I blabbing away and poor Larry now having to deal with the two (2) of us together. Oh my, poor Larry!! 

Now as for my morning that hasn't begun yet I have to be "Mrs Domestic"... I have to give you housewives a lot of credit. I'd rather work all day long than do housework.  I don't mind cooking, nor a little gardening (notice I said, "a little" ) but housework...ugh what a pain in the petunia it is !

Just a little reminder, remember that "Blinkin' Blanket", well I got er done ! Yes siree bob!  I finished that sweetheart last night and now I'm doing the tuckin' in of the few strings that bind thee ..woo hoo! I'll take a picture of it some time today and post it... Come Monday I'll head into town and put that and the other sweet one I did in a box and ship it off to my niece for her daughter's baby. Wow all in one sentence too!

Catch ya later

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment