Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Revolting Development and it's now Sunday

A Revolting Development and it's now Sunday a week later...I don't even know where to begin other than the last time I posted I was feeling a little light headed on Saturday and by Sunday morning 2:30ish I woke up and didn't know where I was and couldn't stand...called Zeke over to me and as he came close to the bed I grabbed on his neck .. I slid some what around and felt the room shift on me..Uh oh !.. What the heck is happening to me ?  

As I attempted to get to my feet I felt my stomach turn and felt that burn in my throat.. I knew I had to get to the bathroom and with that I had Zeke back up.. (yes, if you are wondering, Zeke is very well trained to help me and strong enough to actually lean on)...as I got to my feet .. but boy I wasn't making much progress.. I couldn't focus and then I had that strong pain in the pit of my stomach...

Zeke actually got me to the back bathroom along with me holding on to the walls as I struggled with my footing.. my brain just wasn't functioning. I was disoriented (Doc says, I shouldn't use that term ????) I had that dry heave and raunching stomach going big time...after what seemed like an hour but probably was only a few minutes and extremely weak I made it back to the bed..

My head was just spinning, my legs were like jello...I was just so lost and just tried to figure what was happening.. I then had to make a call for 911 but I also knew I had to do something with the dogs...OMG fear stepped in big time..and I do mean BIG TIME !   I remember the Sheriff telling me along time ago when I first moved in and asked questions about ..What if ? situations..and here I am with a  What iffer.

A quick flash came to me and that was to call my neighbors Holly and Val and I had their number on my phone I mean it wasn't a no brainer thing...so I clicked on the phone and dialed their number.. I remember just saying, "please help me I need to go to the hospital"..and I gave them the code to the front door as I told them Zeke was with me... then I called my hubby and told him to get down right away...and then I had to make my way to the front of the house...yeah gawds that was gonna be something.

I had Zeke come back to me and help me get up.. Ms Reba was in bed sound asleep and thank goodness the ole gal was gonna be ok...now it was a journey for me and Zeke to make to the front of the house..and so we began slowly..I was holding on to Zeke and the Wall and God sure was with us..

As I got to the front I heard Val and Holly trying to get in the door and Zeke went into action.. I had to hold him close to me as I could feel his tense body and I told Zeke to Stay by me which he did as the two came in through the front door...

I had Zeke in a down stay and Holly grabbed the phone and called 911...then told Val to take Zeke out side in the car port...Zeke wasn't gonna move so I had Val get Zeke's leash..and I told Zeke to go with Val..I could feel the cold sweat coming down my face...and Holly got a cloth and wiped it..and held on to me..

My voice was shaky and I could sense I was losing it by now..and next thing I knew the ER team was coming in the door..they got to me within 3 mins as I heard the dispatch voice..that amazed me.. Holly grabbed my sheet of paper with my meds on it which I had just called in the pharmacy for...thank goodness as everything is on my computer ..but Holly would have been able to access easily.. I keep it on my Desk Top ..just click it.

The ride in the ambulance I'm not really that clear about as they ran a IV line which I'm very difficult to start as my veins are not good being a heart patient..then attacted a monitor and checking my heart then the BP cup and at that I heard the one fellow say, "We've got a problem"...ok, now I can feel my heart racing ...To the Moon Alice....but my head began to pound heavy and I was seeing sparkles at this point..

I don't know much about entering the hospital that I can remember ...but I do remember in the ER room...lots of people around me ...everyone moving quickly and handing things back and forth..lots of fast action...Doctor leaning over me and telling me I'm gonna be ok...OK, then what's all the hurry?????

Then I heard someone, not sure who..280/156...HOLY CHIT !!!   Is that me ??   Yeppers that's how high my pressure was ... now at this point I'm not sure I even gave a rats patootie cause my brain just couldn't gather anything.. the voices were like murmurs...and there was too much moving..

Someone shown a light in my eyes and I felt like it was a big search light and I didn't even know that I had a cat scan either..but somewhere along the line I had that done plus Xrays...beats me..but it's what was said.. finally at some point the Doctor came in and told me I was now stable... they had given me a shot that dropped my pressure so quickly I had a seizure but was ok.. no heart damage...now my pressure was 174/100 and coming down..

At one point I wasn't sure who I was talking to but a priest came in and was praying for me...OK, was this my last rights ??????  but also a good feeling someone was praying for me..so there I lay in the ER room and not sure who was next coming in.. I drifted off for a few and of course you know that's not gonna last long cause in came this nurse and she says, "if we can keep you stable you will be able to go home"   "WHAT"?...

Now I'm thinking, how? I mean I came in with ambulance, no shoes, no undies, just night gown. Then she says," who do you want me to call.."?  now I have to tell you I couldn't answer her.. I couldn't even walk my head was floating and my eyes weren't focusing...OMG...I'm gonna be let out in the street..Fear shot in and before you knew it my blood pressure went right back up to 220...the bells rang and the Doctor ran in...AGAIN...what the .... I could see the shock on his face and I know mine must have turned another color..cause here they go again...

Needles to say I was moved into a Observation Room ??????? that's what they told my hubby...it's a step before they either admit you or remove you..OK, what ever...so I'm there and then come the Doctors.. ENT Doc, Neurologist Doc, Cardio Doc, and PhyTherapist, Ocupational Therapist and who ever else wanted to join in...It was the more the merrier...and of course the routine of "Stick ME"  get all those samples...and in the mean time I'm still in a state of confusion .

I did have a roommate that was having the same problem with Blood Pressure so every two hours they were hitting both of us.. REST..what's that ?????  I'm  trying to figure out where and what is happening..and of course I couldn't remember phone numbers..Why????  because all are in my computer or phone and I just click on a name..DUH??????

Finally my hubby came in around 6pm Sunday night and boy was I ever happy to see him...he then tells me he talked with me in the ER room.. ????? Do I remember NOT...I probably didn't even know my own name...but never the less I was so at peace seeing him and finding out everything was ok at home.. and just let's try to find out what is going on with ME.

Now to get to the chase as there was so much that went on ...Long and tall of it.. I have fluid behind my ear cause me Vertigo...they don't know what cause the Blood Pressure to go out of control and I've got more meds added to my on going list... I was released from the Observation Room on Tuesday Evening and have been on meds for Dizziness and my Inner Ear and have to see the Docs on the 4th of Nov...

Hubby was with me until this morning as he had to fly back to Philly and I am so thankful he was with me and thankful to Holly and Val as well.. in fact tonight Holly called to let me know her neighbor on the other side of her went into the hospital Saturday morning with the same thing as what I had..OMG..is it Viral ? Could be..Still haven't a clue but my focusing is a little difficult .. I had to enlarge this to type and read...but Doc said, "it will go away"..

I'm feeling 90% better but I have my moments when the room will float...but I'm praying this crap will leave and all will be well...and ask did I see a bright light...well I told ya, "I did"...but about anything else it's like a dream...not really sure...

I want to thank you Li, for calling me at the hospital that made me feel so good and for all of you that emailed and sent a message and Linda, for posting on my blog as well.. These things  made my day, knowing friends you make on line do become apart of your life...

So that's my saga and I'm so happy to be back and still alive on this earth..so those traveling Stay Safe and as always...God Bless Us All...!

Psst.. if there is any technical errors they'll have to be fixed when I can see better....but you can add your own twist  ....:)




2 comments:

  1. So thankful to see you posting again. Was really worried as I have not seen you go this long without posting. So glad your on the mend!!! Just take it easy and try and relax so that BP stays in line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just now getting caught up reading blogs... yours gives me cold chills... what a scary thing to happen. Glad you're starting to feel better and your BP is under control. Take care....

    ReplyDelete