Saturday, October 12, 2013

From Sunday to up coming Sunday...Yes, I've Been MIA

From Sunday to up coming Sunday ....Yes, I've been MIA....where do I begin..or how to I begin..but a must too begin is where I is at ..

We left Sunday morning with a delay of the Fog..and slowly made our way through the bowels of Philly..and into Maryland.. where we stopped at the Flying J in Rising Sun... un hooked the car and hubby drove over to Mary's place...JeMar Pet Supply...as a good friend she is.. we picked up my Critters food and cookies and then loaded the car with them and then re hooked and headed down and across the Francis Scott Key Bridge.. (the nose bleed to the world high) and as you all know I'm not very fond of going over bridges..in any shape or form.. but I did what I had to do.. and then on down through and around back on to I 95...

I started to feel a little queasy and a little rolling going on in my stomach...as the night before I really didn't sleep well and all the stress going on.. had my flu shot and thought I was having a sinus problem...

On down the road we go...and come into Silver Springs Md and go that route as I don't have to deal with any high ramps..(cause ya know they are making ramps reaching up to the heavens ) and I swing down and through a really neat area  ..looking of to the Mormon Church.. that is awesome.. Hubby took pictures but omg...well I'll have to plug em in when I find that attachment to my camera..(don't go there )..

Which we are now on 495 belt way..coming into the DC area and all of a sudded comes that bubble going along the bottom of my stomach.. HOLY MOLY... you got it.. up here they call this the Texas Two Step..not really sure why..but all I know is I Got IT !!!!...right in the midst of loads of traffic too.. OMG !!! 

I can only explain it this way... no place to pull over (if you've ever been on the belt way with a rig 38ft long with an extension of a car making me close too 50ft attempting to get to the inside of the lanes..and no one wants to let you in...and by the way I never saw so much traffic with people supposedly  staying at home on a Sunday....it was packed...

Ok, getting back to that feeling of.. It's gonna happen like it or not... I  can only say.. "if you watched the movie Bride's maid..you know what happened to me.."  I was the one in the wedding dress sitting down in the road..LOL  cept I wasn't in the road I was in the driver's seat...I started to cry and laugh at the same time..and just yelled to hubby... " Help me"...it was awful and I had to stay in my disaster till I could get off the road...

Talk about it now and I'm smiling but not then.. it's one of the "added moments you want to forget"...and was I sick from that point on I became very ill.. I mean I thought I was gonna die on the road.. my head ached ..my body ached ..my throat was sore and my lungs couldn't expand...and I was driving to Florida....My Lucky Day !

After cleaning up at the only rest area from the belt way to Va..I had to lay down for a few hours and make it to the Flying J at exit 104 Carmel Church where we stayed the night...

Come Monday Morning..I was feeling not good but new I had to move on and our next stop was gonna be the Flying J in South Carolina..but there was one in North Carolina if I didn't feel I could make it...so I pushed on... and stopped at rest areas along the way...

Now I know some of you are thinking.."Why didn't I just stay in one area till I felt better."...my reply is simple.. I had only so much time to get down before my hubby had to fly back..remember this is his vacation time and with all the mess that is happening within his company it was not gonna be that easy...

So I managed to make it in to Latta, South Carolina and park again for another night...and I paced my time in leaving so that I had a few extra hours to sleep in if I could..which I couldn't sleep well.. coughing and sweating and then burning up.. I wound up taking hubby's meds ..well we split them..as his now cold was a week ahead of mine...still could barely drink but I had to get fluids in and also keep my electrolytes in tack.. hubby did the critters .. I mixed their foods but he did all the rest...

We left and onto the next destination.. trust me every place I stopped was like the feeling was I gonna be able to go on to the next and in between did I mention the RAINS...it was like a Cloud Burst and heavy Winds..some times I had to just stop  driving as I couldn't see and couldn't fight the winds..yeah it was a surprise trip for sure..

Another night and one good thing I didn't have to fight for a parking space..as it seems most the rigs were not staying in the Flying J's.. that's alright with me.. I've been doing this route for ages and it works for me best of all... also know most of the people that work in these Flying J's.. now that's amazing.. and Denny's isn't too bad.. try their Chicken Pot Pie Soup... it's pretty good... well I've had it before but must tell ya ..not this time.. I barely had much of anything..

Tuesday Morning we were heading on down (yep) to the Flying J in Brunswick, Ga...my last stop over till we head into Florida and I figure if I still feel really hurting I'll stop at a rest area on I 75 and stay over night there ...but we made it in and I was in touch with Lori and Ernie from our RV group..and made arrangements to meet up with them..but told them it would be more hubby and I would stay in the rig.. I was not too good or safe to be around...so come Wednesday morning we drove down to Exit 3 off I 95 and parked at the Cracker Barrel ..they came over and I talked with them through the window and hubby went in and had breakfast with them... I felt so bad as I so enjoy those two..but I did show them Ms Shug through the window... we said our "Good byes" and then we headed on out...

Oooops For got to mention as we left the Flying J in Latta, SC heading towards the next Flying J..about 20 minutes into our dry as the road was narrowing a Tractor Trailer up ahead of us lost the tread on one of his tires (don't cha just love that) and along I came right in the middle lane and cars on both sides of me..no where to go...WACK I get his with the tread.. even though I tried to avoid it no where to even move ..so I had tried to steer a little to the left side of it..but it didn't work.. NOPE.. it hit me up under the rig and into one of my compartments ..in fact dented it from underneath and came up and out and slapped the right side of my car.. In fact left the marks of the tread right on the paint...and as soon as I was able to get off the road hubby got out and took a looksee...Now ya know I was just thinking major, major chit...but luck be on our side..it was just the rubber marks and it wiped off with a little elbow grease and the underneath compartment not a big deal..but it's one good thing ..no one got hurt but I felt like crappola....

Got into Florida ...took a short cut around 295 by pass and took the old road I use to take years ago cut off a couple hours drive..and got in and dumped the rig and flushed the system at my friend's house..she wasn't home but that's something we've been doing for years since a lot of the places have done away with dump stations...so when she comes back I'll have her over for dinner or we'll go out for dinner...then it was home sweet home in our Winter Haven...gawd it felt good.

Once I got into the house I hit that bed and I have to tell you I was bed ridden with a few exceptions of mixing the critter food and getting some hot tea, lemon and honey... I coughed my brains out ..felt like I did when I had pneumonia ..and just kept myself under the electric blanket...

Thursday and Friday I really can't even tell you all what happened cause I'm not sure I even know.. I mean I was just a mess..hubby kept asking me.."Want me to take you to the hospital "... but I learned with me.. don't take me any where call and ambulance cause I know I'll get looked at when I come in.. couldn't sit up in a chair in a waiting room for hours till it was my turn.. I might not survive..

Saturday has been so far my best day so far .. I even set up my computer and sat up for a few hours..but needed to lay back down again.. and I'm a little stronger and even drinking more fluids.. I still have some antibiotics left for a few days..and coughing (although I still am) is not as bad.. my headache has so far not been hurting as bad..and my throat is not as painfull..I've used all kinds of remedies..and who knows which ones worked the best...but it's working..Made a pot of chicken soup and that I'll have for a few days...

Did hubby's flight ticket and that I'm sad...but I know he sure needs a break and I've worked him so hard...but I also do realize he was scared with how sick I was.. so was I ..but I didn't want him to know that... I will miss that man of mine...and I know when he gets home he's gonna say.."Thank Goodness I know have a day of rest "... LOL

Now as for Sunday..who knows..but one thing.. I've got to take it mighty slow so I ain't doing only what I have too...That's my story as what I can recall..perhaps I'll have a few flash backs..but one thing...There is a God cause if not I'd be sure a Goner !

All facts are to the best of my recollection..I think LOL..and as I always say...Safe Journey to all that is traveling these highways.and God Bless Us All..

No comments:

Post a Comment