Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Whoopie it's Wednesday :)

Whoopie it's Wednesday :)  A day I have been waiting for...Can I really believe it got here and NO phone calls this morning ...SO FAR...Ah, I got up just singing a song...Yeah, it's almost over and I'll find out what's wrong with my foot (baby)  hahaha..yes, it was a country tune.

I got my Critters done and I had to do my sneak away..My darling Joe really gets upset with me leaving him. So I do the hide and seek routine. Sometimes it works and sometimes, well it just don't.

I was out of the house by 9:30am with no major issue other than limping away and so glad to finally get this thing done. I even had a list to get some things I needed at the infamous Wally World . It's only across the street from the Express Care..so I'd be doing a "not out of the way" routine.

I get in and the place is almost empty..only me and some lady. Thank goodness but I did have an appointment so I wouldn't have to feel like cattle at an auction....Ok, I'm here and the young gal at the front desk just said "hang on and I'll have some one come and take you back"  sure enough withing a few minutes it was "Amy" with a wheel chair for me to help me make the long, long journey down this long asp hallway...goodness it seemed to have grown in length as we traveled down it...I seem not to remember this long hallway but it had been since Jan of 2007 when I had an MRI there.

Amy was bright and chipper and I was grin'n ear to ear...my jaws were hurting cause I was just so glad everything was gonna get done and I was gonna find out what's wrong with my FOOT....

Now I betcha all are thinking ok, this is now over with...WRONG... Amy was setting up the table for me for the MRI and she said, "Ok Barb, I have it set for your "left foot" and we'll be done in 30 minutes..."   WHAT????????
I almost jumped out of my chair...I then said, "Amy, why are you taking an MRI of my Left foot, there's nothing wrong with it" ...She turned around and looked at me..(expression was priceless) "HUH" she replies..."What do you mean, the Doctor's orders are for your left foot "....

I can only tell you I felt like busting out laughing and crying at the same time....Goodness what in the world am I gonna do...So I then said, "Amy, it's my Right Foot and we need to call that friggin' Doc office and get this right.."  oh and the best was the orders were for only the top of my foot and not the ankle...HOLY CHIT...

Amy gets on the phone and I hear her say, "Well, the lady should know what foot hurts her, now get that Doc's order changed or have the Doctor call me"...I'm proud of Amy she took no chit from that Wacky nurse (I'm sure it's the one who can't stand me) and before long the fax came through with the change but still no part of my ankle...

Gawd there must be something wrong with this dream cause it keeps continuing...So I got on the table and Amy told me she'd do her best to take part of the ankle as she couldn't do the whole foot without the order...Wonderful ...so I lay down and hear the clicking sounds and feel like my foot is throbbing to the sound ..then it sounds like a jack hammer...gawd this is surely going slow...next I hear, "only 9 more minutes if you keep still"   you bet I'm keeping still...but boy I couldn't wait to get up..

My foot throbbed all the way back to the front of the building..even though I was in the wheel chair I could feel every crack in the tile..YUCKO... but we got it done and hopefully something will show up...What I still can't understand is why didn't they have the order to take the whole foot...DUH ?????

I get in my car and head across the street to Wally World and even find a parking space a row over from the door..(lucky me) and I hang on to the cart and go inside...I ask the young lad for a electric cart and he goes to get me the last one (I told ya I'm so lucky) and it doesn't work...Gawd will it ever end ?

So I grab a cart and slowly drag myself to get my bread and milk which by the way the milk is at the back of the store...HA !  It made the rest of my day as I made a move like a snail across the whole dang store (that's what it felt like) and some nice elderly gent came over to me by the milk and asked if I was in pain...I'm sure I looked it as I was...I then told him I was a hurting pup..he looked and me and said, "Dear would you like me to pray for you "?... Stunned and thinking if this man drops to his knees  I'll fall on the floor..."Please Lord, help me make it through all this "...

I can only tell you when I got out of that store my cart was full as I said to myself.."If I've got to suffer, let me indulge"...and I got what I needed and then some >>(of course things I shouldn't have but remember I'm indulging) and home I came...To unload using my dolly.  I so love that thing !

Watched American Idol and chatted with hubby as we discussed who we thought was good, bad and ought to go home...that's something he and I do on certain shows...like when we were dating we'd be on the phone talking back and forth ...yeah guess you might say, "We're still in dating stage being away from each other"..

It's bed time and I want to go to sleep quickly so I can wake up and say, "It was only make believe"....are ya humming yet ??????

God Bless...the Saga continues..

No comments:

Post a Comment