Friday, May 6, 2011

My Quiet Friday

My Quiet Friday. It really was. Not a call from the "Foot Doc" and only a few calls from family and friends. It was a day of "getting my head together". Something we all need every now and then.

I did manage a few chores. Changed the Humming bird feeder, cleaned the bird bath (gawd I miss watching those critters) and watering my plants. My Gardenia plant is coming back and she's got several blooms opening. This was one I bought last year in the store and I had just before I left for home changed pots as she was getting huge and the leaves were so healthy...Needless to say, when I came back for the winter months it was almost gone..The couple I had taken care of my plants didn't do a good job..Guess they forgot and when they came over they soaked it and it was just about gone...

Diane and Bob had went back up north and boy I was happy to hear they came back a lot sooner...I'll miss them both when they finally make their move and then have to find someone who will take care of my plants too...Gawd don't even want to go there...perhaps maybe by that time Clancy will want to take that job on...I know I'd be in good hands for sure...Gots to keep that thought in my prayers..

Speaking of Diane she calls me early in the morning checking in on me too..and this morning she was going over to buy Roses...and Yep, I had her pick me up a climbing rose that I'll put on my trellis...can't wait to see what she bought and then she said, "Barb, ya know those roses you were telling me about..the Knock out Roses...Well they are on sale"...Uh oh...guess where I'm going tomorrow morning with Diane...Yeppers... to buy them roses and put them in these big pots I have...can't wait.. and YES, I'll take pictures..

So that's making my rest of the day Happy Thoughts..finally something nice to put in and more stuff to take care of...Oh ! and by the way...I found a bird feeder that has a device to it that when the squirrels jump on it..it closes the ports to the feed..gots to check it out..cause maybe, just maybe I'll have another feeder up to watch a little before I go home...but this time I'll put it a little more out in the yard..so even Betsy as she sits on her porch can watch along with me...:)

Alrighty I'm tired and I need to get to bed...and think positive thoughts...and hope my foot feels better...Who knows, the pain came on by itself...why not leave on it's own...HA !

God Bless and Night All !

No comments:

Post a Comment