Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Thursday has a "HITCH"

My Thursday has a "HITCH"...yes, I couldn't go a day without a "surprise"...well it was to me, anyway. How did that come about..simple. I left the house in my "grape mobile" to drop off a "check in the mail" . I had to pay the Golf Cart repair as my cart has been running ok...and I did promise after Jason said, "now run it for a few weeks and if everything is ok, then drop a check in the mail"...so I did !

I manage to do a sneak out of the house and take a little ride around the block and in doing so I came upon my surprise....Yep, it was surely my surprise. 

I was riding along in my grape mobile when I came upon a little Daschund running along the road and kind of a little wobbly.. it was hot and I thought ...UH OH, this looks like trouble..perhaps a lost dog or a dropped off one... So how could I not stop and check this pooch out...but first I called one of the young lads that was mowing the grass to come and help me...Thank goodness, cause my other surprise was..."I was not in proper attire.."  you got it ...just me long asp T shirt and undies...but "no bra"...Gawd forgive me..Momma use to always say when you went out..."make sure you have clean undies and bra on just in case you have an accident"... Did I listen...???

So this young lad goes over and picks up this little pooch and plops it on my seat and this poor thing hugs into me...and she's loaded (oh yes, I looked) with fleas...and she's an old old gal at that...No teeth and very very skeleton like...my heart sunk as all I could think of is perhaps someone lost her before they headed home...as here where I am has a lot of Snow Birds (people that go back to the north for the summer) .  So I had this sad look on my face and I asked that young lad if he wouldn't mind helping and seeing if we could find out where this sweetie belongs...

Across the street there was a car in the drive way and we went over and asked for help and if they knew who might own this pooch..The lady said, "She has seen it before walking with some big man"...so that helps ..big man, little doggie..figures...ok, now who and where is this big man...The sharp lady had her senses as she figured the homes around were empty ..the people had left so it had to be on the street behind the house where I found this pooch...So again I ask that nice young man (wish I had money on me cause I would have given him something for all the help he gave me and the pooch) if he wouldn't mind and check those houses out..and away he went...

I'm cutting to the chase cause my brain is dragging...but long story short we found the big man..and that he was...get this.. He just let his doggie out for a bit.. I asked  "how long ago"  ..he replied, "Oh, about an hour"...I don't even want to go there...

This pooch sure deserves a better place...but my oh my I knew I couldn't take her home ...so I just had to back out the drive way and head on back...moral to my story....KEEP MY ASP HOME... don't stray away  ....and make sure I have on clothes ..just in case...

See my day always has something happening even if I never leave my domain...

Thank goodness that sweetie is at least home...and I hope he gave her a bath...

Good night and Dear Lord all's I ask " PLease help that big man, give him some common sense to take care of his pooch"..

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment