Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tootin' Tuesday

Tootin' Tuesday and I'm tootin' me horn !...Oh yeah, the hubby showed up today around 5pm...it sure was good seein' that man of mine...Even the Critters 4 went wild...took hubby about 20 minutes before he could get in the house...

My morning started off great.. I mean I had put out my Humming bird feeder and by noon time I had the "Big boy" show up.. That neat Ruby Throat lad flash his throat and made that sound...Just to let me know he was back !  Maybe even to thank me..(ya think?) any way next came a few others...so looks like it might be a busy visit...Gosh I so enjoy them...I love the way they fly up, down, backwards and even sideways when in a hurry...a blur and gone in a flash ...wooo hooo.

Then in my other feeder I've been getting visits from Finches..and I do mean Finches...like 15 beauties...and colors..well from a dark green to a bright yellow and are they hungry..they hit the feeders several times a day and they look so neat all huddled in and munching away...and even swing on down to the fountain... all around the edges...and I make sure the water is fresh too...clean that baby often..and every day fresh clean water...they sure do love it..

Have quite a few doves too...my place is getting busy..and I so enjoy watching..my squirrels so far have been behaving..as long as they get their breakfast and dinner they don't go where they're not suppose too...

Then there is my Big Red...gosh he's awesome..he's one of the older Cardinals..and he has a good size body..the other boys are young and you can see that...and of course the "Girls"...I'm lovin' every moment too..

It's so neat to watch their habits...and now with the Hummingbirds joining..it should be interesting...Oh and I can't forget those Titmouse and Chick a dees..I think I'm beginning to enjoy more and more animal world or is it bird haven...well I've got a variety that's for sure...just call me Zeee Doolittle :)

Hubby enjoyed the ride in as I had a limo bring him home .. He had several interesting people on board..and a few do come to our restaurant on Friday evening..our Fish Fry Special... but they have never been back through the grounds ..so this was a fun trip for them and sure enough they were surprised..it's so serene.. the big oaks and all that hanging moss..and the light seems to hit it just right and you drive through...

Can ya tell I do enjoy my little Hideaway...it is peaceful ...Hubby is enjoying it of course first thing he did was hit the couch put feet up and just RELAX...and Zeee did the serving...HUH..wait a minute...where's my break ???? HA !

It's good having him home and the Critters haven't left his side..and now I can't wait to hear all what's been happening...(like I don't know already) but good to hear it all again...instead of having PHONE EARITEUS...(new word)

So tomorrow we'll have to make some plans..ride around in the Grape Mobile and see what's happening in the ponds and grounds...it's lookin' good...

Alrighty time to say..."Nite Nite"...

Always Tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Robert made it there safe and sound. Enjoy the visit and prep for heading home. What are your feathered friends going to do without you there?

    ReplyDelete