Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wishful Wednesday....And.........

Wishful Wednesday....And...my saga continues... I promise it should be just about finished cause I know "I was" !....So, we sit around as nothing more we can do till Monday morning..oh come on Monday.. is it here yet ?   A brain flash happens to me and I look at my hubby and say.."We're not lost yet, we have NetFlix"..HA .. Yes, I love Netflix and everything that goes along with it.. even have Roku..(a device that lets me stream from my computer to the TV ..WA...LA !..oh yeah ).. so hubby goes into the rig brings in his trusty computer and we pop in a DVD  sit back and watch a few movies..aaaaaaaah the good life is back ..even if it's just a short time..Things are looking up :)

Monday morning arrives hubby is up and ready for bear...on the phone with Foremost and I hear his jaws wrapping big time.. I get the high signal that all is well..so far..now it's my turn to access the cell phone in the car port and call up Wayne, who in town has the towing service and also does repairs on all types of rigs, cars, and what ever...

He assures me that he'll dispatch and have someone to me pronto and then I ask.."Can you make sure  my rig gets plugged in, as I'm fully loaded with Frig and Freezer.."  reply was.."Not a Problem"..(oh if I only could believe those words)..

Well I get a call from Security that Tow truck is on it's way back..Yippee !... and then along pulls up "The Cable Company"..oh my ...and with that another knock on my door.. It's Mike.. "The Sprinkler Fixer Upper"  all 3 at the same time... What do I do.. where do I go... who do I talk with first ????  all this and then my Zeke.. he's going bonkers..too much action and strange people.. Oh no, not in his house.. Well, all 3 guys back up quickly.. me I can't move.. I mean I have to hobble and hubby, where is hubby...heaven only knows.. Oh there he is... trying to decide which chore he wants to get involved with..(don't cha just love that ).. Ok, Ok, I'll take the Cable Guy,  you get the Tow truck driver, and as for the Sprinkler guy.. he knows where he's going.. hahahaha.... I hope ...

Yes, there was plenty of action and all giving their opinions.. (do I really need this) Cable guy was puzzled as nothing was working and no one understood why.. ( this is not going to be good).. Tow truck driver wants me to back up rig so he can hook up.. I politely tell him.. No brakes.. I can't move the rig.. without using my emergency brake..which I will probably burn that out.. I really didn't want to climb back in and take a chance of maybe hitting something as my luck was crappola.. I had these wild visions going on.. So he jumps in and does the trick.. and I hear screeching..Oh, boy.. this is gonna be another winner of a day..

I go out and make sure I tell him.. "Remember you have to disconnect the drive shaft before towing (like I know he should know) he replies, "no I don't.."   "Ok, if you say so, I was gonna get a new rig next year anyway.. I'll start picking out what I want cause I just know you'll have them bucks to cough up".. Guess what... he disconnected the drive shaft.. duh !!!!

Now on to Mike the Sprinkler man.. boy he's good and fast.. come by me and said.. "I'll be back, it's a simple fix...just the diaphragm went"  and like a flash he was gone and back and then things were up and running.. only $35 for parts and labor.. Holy Hannah.. he's a  wonder.. and would you believe he's only 84 yrs old.. yes, you are reading right.. You would never believe it if you met him...Amazing..and in good health ..God Bless.. he loves the outside work and just saves his bucks to go gambling  HA..

Back to the Cable Guy...brother it was wearing him thin..cause nothing he did worked..and still no service.. he had his supervisor on the line..next another truck pulls up.. oh my stars..more workers.. someone is gonna get these gadgets to work.. it took several hours and come to find out..it was in the service center.. the computer would not start my service up.. I was on Seasonal and it would not accept a new order..as it was programmed to start back up in Oct..  My sense of humor came out.. "Just put the date as Oct..and maybe it will come on..."  Now I don't know if that really did the trick..but guess what.. shortly after.. It came back on !

Ok, now my rig is being towed to the garage and an hour after we get a call .."Uh Ms, I can't plug you in, you'll have to come and unload as I have the Genni running for now.. "... Oh, happy days.. what did I just hear..oh my this is gonna be a long long day... So I turn and walk over to hubby..."Oh dear, we have to make a trip to the garage.. bring lots of cooler bags and cooler.."... he asks "Why"... HA !... Do I need to tell you the words he used when I told him the news.........Don't think so ...

So here we are at the garage unloading everything.. gawd this  is the worst yet.. all this crap back out and back into the frig and freezer in the house that we cleaned out and turned off...Lucky ME !... We get back and really have no energy left but we have to do what we have to do.. No, we are not speaking.. no words could even express what we felt..(maybe a few)..

We fall out after everything is done and then click that TV on and just melt into the couch.. Really couch potatoes..or maybe mashed couch potatoes...and the day seem to just end at that time..cept I had to feed the critters..of which we had put their room back together ..crates pads in crates ..water bowls back in and so forth and so on.. you got the picture...

Again, all that cleaning and we thought we were finished.. well we were, but not with all the housework..cause how long was it gonna be for the rig to get repaired...No, I don't even want to think..and no I don't want to cook..order out !!!! 

Evening came and went..and so did we..Nothing like having an outer body experience..Like am I home ? 2 days went by, and then I began to sweat it out..I finally asked hubby what happened with Foremost..(can you imagine I had to ask) and he explained for some reason. the computer showed us expired and new policy began..but seems their system didn't show new policy when we called for service.. Got an apology.(sure that helps..you really believe that ) and all is well..hmmm..ok, on to the next event.

Got a call from Wayne..."Rig is ready, come get her".. so here we go again.. out the door in the van ..drive over and pick her up...So good to hear that and be in her driving to the house again.. so we decide before we get to the house.. I'll go fill her up..( nice thought..but what a experience)..  I drive just down the road..construction all around me.. (love that ) and pull in the gas station..Would you believe.. NO SERVICE..none of the pumps were working..."Oh NO".. yes, you got it.. I had to attempt to pull out mist the construction and traffic that wouldn't allow me out... "Oh, don't go there...I'm not fooling..I'm comin' out like it or not "... Horns blowing .. getting the fickled finger of fate award... and then the nasty screech...oh yeah... did I care... NOT ONE BIT...in fact.. I shot the bird twice.. HA...

Had to drive down the road to another place and get filled up.. finally I'm gonna go home..(hopefully) and look out world soon.. yeah I was now feeling better..well at least my spirits were flying high.. Pull into the driveway and just shake my head.. Yell,   "Plug me in".. we go in the house have to wait for evening to do the ...You know what... Re fill the frig and freezer... AGAIN..

I did let another day go by.. as I just couldn't deal with much more..and I needed more than a quick rest.. I need to fall out..just for a day.. So I did.. and then we got everything back in the rig again and did a repeat of what we did before..cept one more thing... I had to call the cable company and be put back on SEASONAL...Now ya wanna talk evil...well.. this wonderful company was just a tad pissy..(that's being kind) with me.. and my true Italian heritage came forth... No way in this world will I ever eat crow... even to the point I had to call their corporate office and then proceed to push the last button.. I was so angry.. Never a reason for anyone to be treated like trash..No matter what.. according to business.. the customer comes first after all that's your bread and butter... but I caught the winner of EVIL..  Long story short I got 6 mos free service for when I reconnect.. if I decide to....

So, now the rest is some what a hoot.. we got on the road finally.. of course I had to cancel all my Doc appointments back home as I was not going to make any of them.. and that was not  great but hey, ya gotta do what ya can and attempt to make a joke out of it...We did laugh about a few of the things..but for the other crappola..that will take a little more time..

Oh yeah.. and the trip home..HA .. I got a short cut from someone..which I will remain unknown..cause they maybe reading this.. So if you are... listen up.. "Never give anyone this way home AGAIN  cause it was a road to a Nose Bleed"... most of it wasn't bad.. long and never ending.. but I have to tell ya... we took 295 to 64 West..HA.. You will think your climbing Mt Everest.. I mean  30mph up a hill to the sky..and then cross a High Bridge with no guard rails..oh and then it's the going down the mountain.. like 20mph.. remember new brake line.."is it going to hold"... now I was only 55ft long.. including tow... aaaaaah what a great feeling..and it seems we were never gonna end the drive.. ..but we did make it home..and I hobbled into the house..

The most I could drive was 300 miles per day..as I did 150 miles pull over rest let the critters out  drink something have lunch and then drive another 150 miles.. I was spent..and hubby well he was antsy.. You ask, "Doesn't hubby drive"..  "NOPE".. he doesn't like the length of the rig and the uneasy feeling he gets..sooooooo  "Mi casa is Mi casa"...

Now, it's play catch up and I come to sit on my computer and my Video card went..oh joy... and guess what... I h ave to call DELL.. (you know where I have to talk too) and talk with Tech and order part..HA.. I'm sure that will be another issue...if I get through the call.. I've decided to use my laptop till I get enough energy to deal with  that..

So I'm home an doing nothing..only what I have to..till next week...I'm sure I've missed a few other gems..if and when they flash in my brain.. I'll let ya all know.. maybe even put a little twist to them..cause I'll have my sense of humor back fully....HA

Thank you  dear Lord..I didn't do any damage to anyone and I made it home in one piece..

God Bless....Catch ya tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment