Friday, August 27, 2010

Tis Friday..Where did the week go ?

Ti's Friday...Where did the week go ?   I know !  It was a hell of a mess.. not a happy camper for sure.. Did my challenge of calling Dell.. Now that should be a chapter all by itself... I think I won..Maybe..just maybe ..

Anyway, I managed to not get into too much trouble..and for me that's not difficult.. I've been in rather a slump.. Knowing I've had to have tests done.. and today was another one.. a  Chemical Stress Test as I can't do the treadmill with my knees.. I'd look more like  father Jetson as he was walking his Astro dog on the treadmill.. (ya got ta think about that one)..

So, my experience this morning as another Adventure.. I had a Nurse who had a bug up her butt and she felt like crap on top of that.. (aren't I lucky) .. So I tried to start my morning with some humor..to bad it wasn't a good humor day..  To no avail.. in fact that darling nurse did the unholy deed of missing a vein or should I say.. blowing the dang thing.. Now for me with veins not so easy to hit.. what a bummer !.. I tried to be nice..I counted to 10.. did that help.. No Friggin Way !...

I politely said,  "Oh !  I'm so sorry that happened.. Why don't we take a break and I'll drink some water ..(after all I had to fast 12 hours and of course that never helps someone with bad veins) and perhaps we can try again."   She wasn't very co operative... she insisted it could go in my hand or wrist.. At this point I made my mind up.. There ain't no way in HELL.. you're gonna even give that a try.. cause it ain't gonna work !!!!

She then decides to let me go and drink some water.. (smart women.. she got my message LOUD and CLEAR)  the doctor.. (nice ole gent) in the room with us .. who monitors the deal just shook his head and smiled  at me.. Hey, she even proceeded to tell us (doc and I ) to keep quiet and let her do her work !!!  Didn't I tell ya she had a bug up her butt.. Of course her not feeling well didn't help matters and I was also probably number 25 waiting to have this ordeal done..

So me goes out in the waiting room and reads my Kindlel book and drinks me a bottle of water.. slush slush slush... and she comes back about half hour later .. calls my name and I proceed to follow her.. like an injured child.. (help me ).. This time she's got a positive attitude.. (thank goodness) and wham bam thank ya ma'am she hits the one I  (begged her too)  and we're off and running and she injects me with  glowing goodies.. for the pictures I have to have taken..   Not too bad yet..

After I had the pictures taken of how my arteries were before.. I had to go take a seat .. and wait for the next step.. So I pulls out my Kindle and reads some more.. reading  Loves Comes Softly.. by Jannette Oke . A really sweet story that makes  you feel warm .. has a little sadness to it.. but mainly good feeling of caring folks.. Just what I needed...

Alas I hear my name.. (feets don't fail me now) and I follow again.. into that room with that dear sweet ole Doc.. who will monitor me and make sure I'm ok.. This time comes in the box with a "New" chemical.. something that will not give you that gigantic headache  and because I'm asthmatic this will be a lot safer.. Mmmm chemicals always react strangely with me.. So I feel that RUSH.. Wow.. I'm actually off to the races.. I feel my heart beating rapidly and then.. Boom.. comes that Sick to the Stomach.. What's this about... holy Hannah.. where's the bucket... Doc looks at me and asks.."Are you feeling alright, what is happening ? "  I tell him... "Oh, I feel like I could use a bucket.."  He assures me it will pass... "When"... well it didn't pass it kept increasing... and finally  he had that darling Nurse  give me a shot to stop  the reaction..

Well, there's a first for everything and guess I'm one of those Firsters...if there is such a thing.. After that they told me.. Ok,  now go eat something.. Ya got to be kidding..  but I did bring a PB&J sandwich with me and a bottle of water.. but I wasn't anxious to eat.. so I took my time..

Again Nurse appears and calls my Name... and we head back to the Picture taking room.. Gosh those rooms were freezing.. that took about 15 minutes.. All and All the test took 4  hours... and I was so happy to leave.. No one rushing to tell me.. "You can't go home"... So now another wait... if I get no calls.. I won't mind...and then I'll see my Cardio Doc on the 14th of Sept...  For me that won't be bad.. cause I've done this routine so many times ... and with me.. it's the... phone call the next day to head in and get angioplasty and then stent.. They don't mess around..

Came home.. made a quick stop at the store for dinner tonight and now I'm just leaning back and trying to figure out.. How do I always wind up with Winners... but I'm smiling now.. maybe tomorrow too.. My life seems to always make these twist and turns.. but let me get back to my book.. that will make me smile..

Next Adventure is in the lurking..Cause the Month of September is gonna be a busy one... Ouch I feel them stickin me already... HA ... I'm a gonna glow in the dark

Catch ya later...

2 comments:

  1. Well, I sure hope the results are good for you. Sorry to hear about the bad reaction. Sheesh, only you Zeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should just do what Ronnie does when they miss his veins, he tells them they get one more chance, then he's gonna punch them, LOL.

    ReplyDelete