Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Toodles Tuesday :) My Saga continues

Toodles Tuesday :) My Saga continues... let me see..oh yes, where I left off.. I finally got home from my visit with that wonderful, kind, generous Doctor...uh hum.. and limped my way into the house and attempted to relax..as I was full of Novocaine..(great stuff) and my jaw was just a tad puffed out.. My knee looked like I had a (now) huge baseball on it.. Impressive to say the least.   

Here it was July the 23rd and hubby would be coming in on July 27th.. Oh, I'm beginning to feel the pressure of .."How will we get this all done and ready to leave " ?   Why even worry.. I mean what can I even do.. My housekeeper Diane and Bob are in NY State...(wish I was there) and the house is not packed up to load into the rig..Oh smoke that number cause it's ain't a gonna get done !

So my weekend was uneventful... how could it top what already took place..and  the pain meds, well...they did take part of the edge off...Should I stay on them till I get home..(not a bad idea)..Nope no can do..have lots of work ahead..

Limp from room to room..and yes, complain cause that's all I could do..No one around to hear my sad tale of woe...Oh, woe is me !.. Critters were wonderful.. They knew better...don't mess with that Wild women or it's curtains. !..

Come Tuesday (seems to be a famous day for me)  I head out limping and drive to the airport.. Thank goodness for cruise control..and pick up the darling hubby.. He takes one look at me (must I say I looked like a train wreck) and just shakes his head.. Now normally I have him his colas cold and a sandwich ready as he's starving from his flight.. this time.. ya got to wing it.. pick something up at the airport and I'll just pick ya up as I zoom by...

I would have let him drive back but it was more a hassle trying to get out of the car than sitting still and leave the car on cruise.. It sure was good seeing him.. I felt that safe feeling come over me.. However, we still had to get home and go and pick up the rig and bring it over to the house.. Yes, I had to drive the rig over..and best of all.. the rig wouldn't start.. Oh am I in for another treat...

So me jumps start it with the booster set up and she's ready to roll..well sort of.. it's hot as hatties and I'm like tired and knee..(you getting the picture) is talking to me.. "Hey lady.. who the hell do you think you are..I'm tired and aching...feel that ?????  well you're gonna get more of it if ya don't stop "... Yeah, my body wanted to go in "Placement Mode".. call it quits..time for another pain pill.. (maybe)

Next  thing is to park the rig and then plug in and let it cool down turn on the frig and freezer..and go in the house and start the routine.. yeah sounds good.. but I'm still limping and hubby is talking a mile a minute.. can't even tell ya what he said... seems I shut everything out.. I was on a mission.. To let nothing get to me regardless of who or what it was..( I thought)

Now the action begins.. get the house done and all that needs to go out packed...Gawd, when will these boxes stop coming.. Had to also do the dog room rugs and other throw rugs.. which we have a great system.. load everything up and go to laundromat with huge washers.. do all at one time and pack away..Always works out great and it did.  Then comes packing up the refrig.. boy that job always sucks..lots of things ya just want to chuck ..but no such luck.. pack it all throw it in we'll find some use for it.. omg the trash is huge.. where did all that come from...?????

At that time your patience starts to wear thin... you know what I mean.. the wrong word said.. and Wham,Bam, thank you Ma'am...oh yeah.. can not tell a fib.. it gets rich !...Of course you know you really don't mean it.. Wanna bet ???? HA !..Give me space...just give me space..

We're loading in the rig and frig and freezer are packed to capacity...holy hannah...where did I get all this..oh yeah I remember..buy one get one free...!  Works for me..cept when leaving.. Ya think I'll learn but NO.. can not turn down a deal... Hubby again is talking in a strange language and I thought I was the foreigner..?

Well all is done now it's clean up the mess we've made in the house.. bring out the trusty Orick..boy that  baby does the job.. and with all that dog hair too.. (oh yeah.. who ever said Rotties don't shed never owned one..but I have two so that's double trouble and means lots of vacuum cleaner bags )  That got finished and so did I.. but still had to clean up.. the frig and unplug all and turn off hot water heater and turn up AC as no one will be there why burn it.. so I set that at 80 which sounds high but house will be cool  close all the drapes..and put the furniture to rest HA.. 

House was in great shape...Diane you would be really proud of us how we put it all together..and yes, I did what you said.. (better or she will complain long time...like a broken record..omg..but she's good.. so I'll behave or else.. )..Critters were extra good..they were anxious..

Sunday morning comes.. my knee doesn't look good..but hey I'm still kickin'.. limping a little more than usual..(wonder why) and we are ready to go...oh boy can't wait for that long asp drive.. So we all load in and I go to back out so hubby can hook up the car...and all of a sudden I hit the breaks... Uh oh !   NO BRAKES.. omg.. NO BRAKES... I open the window and yell to hubby.. " I can't stop, I  have no breaks".. my foot on the break pedal went to the floor.. .. right to the floor ... uh oh...I can't believe it.. I'm exhausted and so is hubby and critters are now wondering ..."What the heck is wrong now".. They are in their crates and have been so anxious to go for this long asp ride...and we are going no where...

Here I sit...( I know there's a poem that goes to those words but for some reason I can't recall..brain freeze) and I tell hubby to plug me back in.. as we can't go no where.. Let's call for a tow truck and get this fixed..
I also had to call Security and let them know we would not be leaving at this moment and that we were broke down...and a tow truck would be coming... Lucky Me !!!! Lucky US !!!!...

We call Foremost as they are our Insurance and they tell us..."We are not covered..our policy has expired".."What".. I'm now like looking at hubby.." Did you mail in the new policy" ?  Of course he looks at me like   "What the hell are you talking about"... Here it is Sunday.. and they are saying we have no coverage..and I'm looking at my "new" card and it says.."I'm covered".. hmmm.. Now what.. hubby whips out his computer.. and goes into "Executive Mode"  logs on an opens banking and there it is.. the check has cleared weeks ago.. what's the problem with this person on the other end ???? 

"OK, now tell me this again, please." hubby asks the party on the other end... Well seems that one one policy ends a new one begins and so there, there computer shows us expired..  The person on the other ends says,  "Sorry sir, I'm just the exchange for Service, I can't do anything for you .. You'll have to call the office on Monday"... HA !   So, we know we can't go any where any way..  So we'll have to go in the house.. (empty) and bring the critters back in .. reset up the crates .. put the pads down for them and get the water bowls filled and sit and relax...but that's not to happen..cause as I went to turn on the TV.. We had none.. "NO SERVICE...and lucky Me.. the PHONE went DEAD...oh yeah .. it's getting better... NO INTERNET...Oh NO !!!!... You got it... SERVICE CUT OFF..... What day is it...?????  It's the first of August.. wait.. not to shut things off till the 2nd...HA !

Here we sit..hmmm I'm still trying to remember that poem.. but I'll get it.. but just not yet... Ok, so have to go on the cell phone.. OUTSIDE...don't work in the house.. and it's hot.. I mean hot...Got the rig plugged in and the freezer is packed and so is the frig.. everything in the house is turned off or up or down.. whatever..but it's done did... and  I start to feel that panic attack mode coming on.. "Oh Lord, not now.. Please give me the strength to pull this one off..."

Call my friend JJ.. (you remember her) and her boyfriend John.. ask who they use for towing..cause we have to get someone to get this rig worked on.. Got the number but can't call him till Monday... no big deal what's one day... but you betcha I had to call Cable company.. HELP ME...Get the Customer Service Rep after a long wait.. (felt like hours) but actually like 20 minutes... and I proceed to plea my case...and she says,  "NO PROBLEM, we'll take care of that... but however.. it didn't happen.. everything she did.. Didn't work.. no matter what.. sooooooooooo she says,  "We'll have to schedule a repair tech".. HA ! 

I asked her, "Can you do it tomorrow, first thing.  Like an emergency"  She aims to please and tells me what I want to hear.....Isn't it always that way.. I mean. .that's what they get paid for.. to make you happy with just a few fibs.. Would you really settle for the truth.. Not in the state you're in.. I'm sure if she told me..  "HA, you'll be lucky if he shows up"... Ok, ok.. so I accepted the story.. and now on to the next avenue..

So we sit hubby and I and my friends Carol and Larry ( they came over to say "Goodbyes") and we just smile and hubby says, "I'm hungry, how about I go and get us all some burgers.." ?   "Sounds good too me and everyone else ".. so off the two guys go and Carol and I just look and shake our heads and we sit back and look around... I'm sure at this point she's thinking.. "Oh, I know Zeee is ready to explode and boy look at her knee...it's the size of a "Football".. I'm not gonna say a word ".....

As we sit at the table and chow down.. hubby says to me  "Zeee, why do you have the sprinklers on"..?  I looked at him a little strange.. "What are you talking about ".. Oh, Larry chimes in and says.."yeah they came on as we drove in the driveway..."... I get up and look and sure enough the row of sprinklers are on .. and they are flowing..  I asked how long have they been on ??????   I mean it's like been 3 hours now.. HOLY CRAPPOLA... I get up and hobble to the door to go to the garage.. They're set to come on at 4:30 am  on Thursday and Sunday.. yes, it's  Sunday but not AM... it's PM.. omg what now...

I'm in the garage with everyone now... No one really knows what in the world they are doing.. I move the system to off.. and the dang sprinklers are still spraying water.. I mean a flow like the falls..  "It's still spraying,"...hubby says... so I then tell him it can't be..cause I shut if off... Larry says, "pull the batteries out"  well I did and it still is flowing.. now I ask ya.. "How can the water still be coming out when there is no power supply.. ???? DUH... HELP... 

Both men takes turns neither one knew what they were doing.. All had suggestions but nothing.. and I do mean nothing is working..but the sprinklers are still flowing...ahhhhhhhhh for a wet ending.. Oh Yeah..  I then say to hubby..."Call Clancy".. my yard man.. He'll know,  I hope.. ".. and hubby calls Clancy and like a flash he appears.. Clancy comes in the garage looks at the controls.. and then goes out front to the yard and there is a valve there he shuts off.. and yep.. it shut down the sprinklers.. Now I have several zones.. like 8 so I have not a clue to what is what or who is who.. Then Clancy and hubby go to the back of the yard and there is a box there that has another set of valves.. (the good lord is watching over us) and they discover that the diaphragm is blown.. so they shut that off there.. and Clancy says,  "I'll give you Mike's number to call .. he'll fix it for you.. "...

Yes, the evening was interesting and a rush of excitement seems to just flow..just like the water.. I'm hyped .. nothing anyone says or does is gonna help... time for pain pill I'm sure... and time to just hide from the world..no TV no Internet...cepting hubby's system .. which I'd have to sit in the car port..as the service won't work in the house... (does it get any better )  just you wait and see...

Time for a break... I'm getting tired..fingers are gasping and brain is rushing to remember the events..but as I type I seem to be drawing the pictures in my brain..

Catch ya a little later on.. maybe tomorrow... I need to put my feet up.. remember I still have that knee aching..

2 comments:

  1. Well, I sure hope things settle down for you now that you are home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paulette, I can only hope !.. Good to hear you're home too..God Bless Zeee

    ReplyDelete