Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ok, I lost a week and here I am Sunday AGAIN :)

Ok, I lost a week and here I am.. Sunday AGAIN :).. Yeppers, I done did it.. I lost a week.. well not actually.. well, sorta.. here's why.. Monday.. I did my thing.. I cooked up a months supply of Critter food.. which included their Chicken Soup.. and Mixed Medley of Veggies.. then as I worked my butt off the phone rang and "Hello, Where Are You ?"   What ?????  "What do you mean.. Where Am I, Where are you calling.?" (not that dumb of a reply).. HA..  Well, to my surprise it was the Doctors office wanting to know why I didn't show up....hmmmm  me pulls out me trusty calender and low and behold I am not due in till Tomorrow.. Yes, that's what I said.. Seems make a long story short.. someone goofed and it wasn't me this time....Soooooooooooo now here's a good one for ya.. Nurse replies, "Well, you come in Wed at 3PM".. now if I had cancelled and rescheduled I'd a never gotten in till a month or two away.. Morale to this tail of woe.. Play dumb and let them think they made the mistake... Works for me.. but if ya get billed NOT MY FAULT !..

So, Tuesday I went to Wally World.. and experience in it's own right as here in my home town it was a "New" one .. well since I left last Oct anyway.. However things were scattered here and there and they were restocking shelves and again.. Moving things to another area.. I did my share of contributing to society.. Helping out the economy.. and then I was homeward bound.. (should have been bound and gagged perhaps) .

On to Wednesday..(notice I'm skipping a lot of the boring stuff).. and me visit with my "DOC"  oh boy how good it was to see him too !.. and even got a surprise.. Yes,  He and his partner  congratulated me on my anniversary.. "What anniversary?".. (I think they lost it or maybe just glad to see someone with a sense of humor)..Huh?.... well seems that it was 7 years since my last (as I call it) Experience.. I mean Doc says.."Since I last was inside yer heart".. (now that does make ya feel good)..  Yes, we all grinned and I knocked the desk.. Doc asked " What was that about?"..   (like he knows I'm just a tad superstitious...)  I smiled and just said.."Hey, I need a little reassurance that it's gonna last longer"...

The last stent Doc put in my LAD (which I have a total of 7) was a "RECALL".. now I ask ya, "How the heck are ya gonna take it back?".. never mind I don't even want to go there.. So my visit was a good one and I'm scheduled for all tests..  EKG, Echo and Stress.. (like I didn't have enough before I left).. Had a great chat and felt so much at ease... Even though I'm still a "High Risk".. wonder if I should have flashing lights on me ???????

So after leaving Doc's office I decided to visit with my friends.. Helga and Ed..(we've been friends for over 40 years) Was good seeing them but I left sad.. As seeing Helga.. she seems to have aged.. I mean she is 81 and Ed is 87..but he looks terrific.. Helga on the other hand is just fading away.. She's lost her ambition.. My friend who traveled with me all over the USA..one who I had a lot of laughs with.. could chat about anything and even at times when we disagreed.. it was never a bit of anger.. She was always willing to explore with me.. We did some exploring too and encountered some wild and crazy situations.. Lots of towing and lots of laughs..  although she had excuses as to why she couldn't do things.. she went along regardless..

No matter where we traveled  Helga would go in and grab literature and be so excited about what she was gonna tell her Grandchildren what she had seen.. She and I were New Yorkers, we had so much in common and being open minded.. it was "Look out world here we came"..  I loved calling her and saying,  "Helga get your bags packed we're leaving for".. she'd be so excited and she'd start planning on what we were gonna have for food.. Helga..(the name covers it well) was a great cook and she loved to eat.. no matter what it was..something different she'd be eager to try.. (God Bless her appetite) and when we'd go to different areas.. we'd hit the supermarkets for the week.. That was a trip for  her.. she'd come back in the rig.. telling me of what she found.. hahaha... Me, back then I was a thin body and eating wasn't my thing.. I mean if I had a cup of coffee I was lucky.. I'd grab a bite and that did me.. my energy level was high and my burning capacity was even higher.. I couldn't sit still.. hahaha.. Now well a horse of another color..

Goodness I feel the sadness even now.. Maybe the memories will kick in and I'll think about all the crazy stuff that happened and the most beautiful sites we got to enjoy.. In fact I remember saying to Helga , "Now I know how America the Beautiful was written "... I saw those Purple Mountains Majesty.. and so did she..
Helga, I keep your memories in my heart and I pray that life will be kind to you !

Had my Echo testing done and then  it's now on to the Stress test which will be done on the 27th of August..goodness time is surely flying by.. We took the rig in Saturday... was good getting up in the "Mabeline".. (that's what I call my rig) .. she looked empty ..but not for long.. Of course my list of things to do on her were long.. but she's in great shape.. only 22K miles on her.. I don't travel much and that saddens me too.. but hey, she's great shape.. I drive her from Pa to Florida and then back.. and she keeps us safe and sound and "DRY".. The Critters here her pulling in and it's like a signal to their ears.. "We're ready to Roll"..is it Oct yet ?

Today, I'm gonna lean back and knit up some dish rags for my Xmas list.. which by the way seems to be growing.. Heard from my niece.. and she was excited about the Blankets I crocheted and sent up.. That's always a good feeling that someone enjoys what you made for them..

Hubby got me a Kindle book.. and I downloaded a few "freebies" and now I'm looking to purchase a few.. not bad.. and was great taking it with me when I had to get a test done.. I don't touch many things in the office..cause I'm one of these firm believers "that's how you get sick".. Yeah. I know another Nut Job.. but I have to tell ya.. I've not had but maybe one (1) cold a year... bring your own pen to sign in.. and don't read the mags.. people lick their fingers and turn pages..and ta daaaaa.. and  if it's a door I have to open.. You got it.. I have a napkin or paper towel in my pocket I use it.. Guess this really all came about many years ago when Doc told me.. I had to be careful of getting a virus that could hit my heart.. well, you know how some people can let things work on them.. and not to long ago my sister had a virus hit her brain.. Lord help her.. soooooooo I don't touch much without thinking... another adventure to deal with !

Alrighty I hear hubby in the kitchen and that is not always a good sound.. sometimes a few crashes.. but this time it's the Microwave..mmm..I smell bacon.. Now that smell is haunting.. Later all...

Catch ya tomorrow 

God Bless

1 comment: