Saturday, July 10, 2010

Friday and Saturday.. Two of a kind !

Friday and Saturday...Two of a kind ! For me any way... I mean to tell you...I've had a tooth ache on and off..Yes, I called the Dentist..and I can't get in till Tuesday...Joy to the wonders that be ...I mean my tooth has not only lost it's filling..but now decided to call it quits..say, "Goodbye".. it done lost the rest of it... It's only there by the grace of what beeezzzz... So, I had to call an Oral Surgeon.. one I've used before..whom by the way, was terrific..However, when I called Friday, the nurse (darling that she was) told me that the Doc couldn't give me anything till he saw me .. which will be Tuesday...I had to ask .."WHY"...her response..(you'll love this) because he hasn't seen you in several years...Oh, isn't this an oral surgeon..?  "Yes", her reply was..Well, then why would I see him on a regular basis ????  (I'm some what confused)..she laughs.."That's true" she says...

Pleaseeeeeeeee..it has to be me.. so my next questions..(simple as it sounds) "What do I do, I mean the throbbing is increasing and I don't want to abscess..".. Now this is were it even gets better.."Oh no, you don't want that to happen..."  "You can either go to the ER..(don't ya just love that one) or call your family Doctor"
Some how I just don't get this picture... I'm not doing well, so I should wait until Tuesday...Any one have a hammer...let me bang this tooth out myself.. I mean pain..heck...what's a little more ?  

So, I call my Family Doc..(while I'm away from home here in Florida I found one) and guess what... The Doc is home sick in bed...(Joy to the friggin world) and the Nurse practitioner can't help me as she can't prescribe any narcotic...HA ...next response was..."if the pain gets too bad, go to the ..(you got it)  ER.....

Holy smokes... My brain goes into Over drive...Flash around the house to see what I have that can help me... I mean, I'm still standing..but not for long...Go to my shelf and look at the bottles of wine..and then..WOW...JIM BEAN...Yep...if it don't kill me it might cure what hurts me !...

So, I took some cotton ..soaked it in Jim Bean..and then snuck that baby right up next to my tooth..(what's left of it) and went to bed...Dang that was a good night..and can't wait for another dose...OH YEAH...!

Now you understand why Friday and Saturday ...are two of a kind...and Jim Bean is still standing :)

Can I hold out till Tuesday.....Stay tuned... come on Jim...let's hit the sack...

God Bless 

1 comment: